By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only one who's more hyped for Final Fantasy XIV than for Final Fantasy XV?

Tagged games:

You hype meter is higher for...

Final Fantasy XIV 14 17.28%

Final Fantasy XV 40 49.38%

both 7 8.64%

neither 18 22.22%

see results 2 2.47%

Total:81

XIV currently is so easy and boring tbh. The battle system is just way too easy and not engaging enough. The world is connected by too much loading screens, not that they are long but its 2013 those things should be a thing of the past. They also don't have a lot of cool looking armor. Character customization is just plain horrible. Everybody is a clone of each other. For a 2013 mmo it sure uses a lot of the old tech.

You guys should check out Bless Online, Black Desert and ever quest next. There are awesome mmo's too look out for. Il play FFXIV but only till one of these 3 mmo's come out just to kill some time. FFXIV uses a lot of old mechanics and is way too easy.

Hell no over XV, XV is going to rock ass. Can't wait.

Around the Network

I'm more into 15 since the battle system looks nice. Not so much into mmo with monthly cost lol

Anfebious said:
I'm actuall really excited! I wanted this game since they revealed it 7 years ago :(

Also I am very excited that this game is the XV entry of the main series. I was getting tired of the Final Fantasy XIII universe...

technicaly there's no such thing as "main series" in final fantasy. the numbered ff aren't tied to each other neither by story nor by gameplay (obvious exceptions like x-2 and xiii-2 and 3). I'd say there are three kinds of final fantasy: the regular numbered ones and "spin offs", the tactics games, and the chrystal chronicles. 

the tactics are always tactical rpg's while CC are action rpg's and the "main" series is a little more varied.

Nope you arent. Im more excited for FFX/XII remake.

after the XIII disapointment, XV and it's kingdom hearts like gameplay may redeem the series. I sincerely hope XV is great.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Anfebious said:
I'm actuall really excited! I wanted this game since they revealed it 7 years ago :(

Also I am very excited that this game is the XV entry of the main series. I was getting tired of the Final Fantasy XIII universe...

thechnicaly there's no such thing as "main series" in final fantasy. the numbered ff aren't tied to each other neither by story nor by gameplay (obvious exceptions like x-2 and xiii-2 and 3). I'd say there are three kinds of final fantasy: the regular numbered ones and "spin offs", the tactics games, and the chrystal chronicles. 

the tactics are always tactical rpg's while CC are action rpg's and the "main" series is a little more varied.

Yeah you are right altough I was refering to it as the "main series" I didn't really mean that. I kinda sort them out like the Tales franchise where you have the "Main line" Tales and the other like the Spin Offs and the Tales of the world series xD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Naw I'm looking forward to FFX/X-2 HD

gergroy said:
I'll probably pass on both, XIII kind of killed the entire series for me...

One game killed the whole series for you? Come on just give XV a chance when it comes out!

Generally speaking, yes. The MMORPG market is a jungle and ARR is gonna struggle to remain relevant. Its a good thing they are releasing it on the consoles, because on the PC the competition is firce.
If they want a better chance they need to lower those global cooldowns and make the combat faster.

Sensei said:

Yeah, I've been watching videos and footage, and seems like FFXIV is more my style than FFXV *appears* to be.

FFXV looks too much like an action game, although of course I hope I like it...

FFXIV however looks like a game I'll love (considering they fixed it properly) with all classes and online play, etc. Can totally see myself playing a White Mage.

How about you guys? How's the hype going? More towards FFXIV, XV, none or both?

I bought FFXIV 3 years ago, and it was a mistake being excited about it. I am hearing good things about "3.0" but have missed several weekends with it because I've been too busy.

Do not get your hopes up for this game, just be pleasently suprised if they ressurect it into something decent