By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ways Nintendo can sell their Wii U games

Or they can go third party and sell millions across PS360/PS4/X1/PC/iOS/Android

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I've suggested having a line of NFC toys for The Wonderful 101. I'm kinda surprised Nintendo has not used this feature much.

I'd also suggest that once they inevitably drop the price/create new bundles this fall, every new system should come with a playable demo of Wonderful 101 pre-installed. It's a new IP, it needs more promotion than a Mario or DKC game.

Agree. It looks like a great one. After all, Mario 3D World and Tropical Freeze are expected to sell a lot.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Rafux said:

They would pretty lose  much every  hardcore Nintendo fan including me, so no.

Wow great post, you make some REALLY good points. maybe you should be working for nintendo advertisement development lol

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Rafux said:

I think iOS/Android are grossly overrated as profit cows. The average game Nintendo sells on their console today probably brings them $30 to Nintendo per copy (retail gets a $10 cut, lets say a $10 cut for shipping/packaging also). Lets say a game like Mario 3D World sells 6 million copies.

That's $180 million in "profit" minus lets say $15 million for development cost and another $20 million on marketing. Still $145 million.

They'd have to sell over 150 million downloads at $1 a pop to match this on iOS.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Rafux said:

But they will win millions of new fans.

Soundwave said:
Rafux said:

I think iOS/Android are grossly overrated as profit cows. The average game Nintendo sells on their console today probably brings them $30 in profit per copy. Lets say a game like Mario 3D World sells 6 million copies.

That's $180 million in "profit" minus lets say $15 million for development cost and another $20 million on marketing. Still $145 million.

They'd have to sell over 150 million downloads at $1 a pop to match this on iOS.

I'm not saying they should release a full Mario console game on iOS/Android but they should make games with small budgets for those platforms.

Rafux said:

have fun waiting on that dream

Rafux said:
AZWification said:
Rafux said:

Because that worked sooooooooo well for Sega. * sarcasm*

AZWification said:
Rafux said:
AZWification said:
Rafux said:

Because that worked sooooooooo well for Sega. * sarcasm*

It did work for Sega, they were posting losses for years until they went third party.