By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC, PS4 and Wii U : Why need a Xbox One ?

Xbox One

Is better than a PC 7 2.25%

Is different and has lots... 46 14.79%

It's the same as on PC, ... 40 12.86%

Screw the Xbox One anyway 177 56.91%

Results 41 13.18%

Total:311
JEMC said:

teigaga said:
Why do people act as if everyone has decent PC? Its 2013, the masses use laptops not desktops, laptops which are not on par with X1.

Better yet, plenty of people just enjoy playing on consoles. PS4, Wii U, X1 and PC are all completely different platforms regardless of how you try to spin it.

I, like many, assume that if you are willing to invest money on a new console to play the new games, you can also do that investment to buy a PC that can play games. Otherwise you wouldn't even consider gaming on a PC.

Is everybody willing to invest on PC rather than consoles? No, but that doesn't rule out the fact that you can do it if you want.

I was responding to the way the OP posed the question.

"So the fact that lots of third party Xbox One games are available on PC, that lots of Xbox/Xbox 360 games like Fable or Halo were available on PC and now that there is the cross-interface between Windows 8 gamecenter and PC... Isn't the Xbox One useless for games ?"

He's dismissinf the Xbox One because it has plenty of similarities to PC,  deeming it useless for games because many of them can be found on windows. Unless you already have a gaming PC, than the X1 cannot be considered usless as it is offering something you don't currently have. You can have an arguement about which one is actually a better investment between xbox and PC but that is seperate from the OP's remarks.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
JEMC said:

teigaga said:
Why do people act as if everyone has decent PC? Its 2013, the masses use laptops not desktops, laptops which are not on par with X1.

Better yet, plenty of people just enjoy playing on consoles. PS4, Wii U, X1 and PC are all completely different platforms regardless of how you try to spin it.

I, like many, assume that if you are willing to invest money on a new console to play the new games, you can also do that investment to buy a PC that can play games. Otherwise you wouldn't even consider gaming on a PC.

Is everybody willing to invest on PC rather than consoles? No, but that doesn't rule out the fact that you can do it if you want.

I was responding to the way the OP posed the question.

"So the fact that lots of third party Xbox One games are available on PC, that lots of Xbox/Xbox 360 games like Fable or Halo were available on PC and now that there is the cross-interface between Windows 8 gamecenter and PC... Isn't the Xbox One useless for games ?"

He's dismissinf the Xbox One because it has plenty of similarities to PC,  deeming it useless for games because many of them can be found on windows. Unless you already have a gaming PC, than the X1 cannot be considered usless as it is offering something you don't currently have. You can have an arguement about which one is actually a better investment between xbox and PC but that is seperate from the OP's remarks.

Fair enough, if you don't have a gaming PC and you're not going to get a new PC anytime soon, then I agree that the X1 can't be discarded. And the same situation is true for the PS4.

At the end of the day, most third party games will also come to PC (even some that didn't do it before are starting to do it, like Castlevania and MGS), so if someone plans on gaming with the PC then the only reason to get a PS4/X1/WiiU will be its exclusives.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

There are some exclusives that I wouldn't mind playing. Besides, competition is good for the capitalism.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash