By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC, PS4 and Wii U : Why need a Xbox One ?

Xbox One

Is better than a PC 7 2.25%

Is different and has lots... 46 14.79%

It's the same as on PC, ... 40 12.86%

Screw the Xbox One anyway 177 56.91%

Results 41 13.18%

Total:311

Lol at the pc fanboys thinking xbox one exclusive games will come to pc. Microsoft said they will dedicate games to xbox one only plus that will only drive sales up. Maybe if you guys are lucky you will get 1 or 2 but keep dreaming.

Around the Network

The real question is why should i upgrade to ps4 since its basically ps3.

JusSayian said:

The real question is why should i upgrade to ps4 since its basically ps3.

What?  That isn't even remotely true, the PS4 is an incredible upgrade over the PS3.  That is like saying the Xbox One is basically the Xbox 360, it's simply ridiculous to say that.

fast and accurate kinect.

I'm not excited for the Xbone at all but the answer's obvious. You buy an Xbone if there's enough games on it that you're interested in. Doesn't matter if the PS4 gets more. What matters is that the Xbone gets enough to justify the purchase just like the PS4 and WiiU have to justify theirs.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
curtiswolf said:
Honestly i see no reason to buy a XBOX ONE. Think they dont have that many good exclusives, you cant add memory, you have to pay $10 more to play online, DRM could always come back its horrible. WiiU has more to offer and PS4 is a hell of alot better than both so stick with the PS4 and WiiU.

1.) as of now the Xbox one has more games coming, and of higher caliber than playstation.

2.) You cant add memory to either system unless your talking about storage space which has been said a dozen times already you can.

3.) DRM is never coming back, its honestly stupid to think MS would bring it back. Think logically here for just one minute. If MS brings DRM back they will destroy the Xbox brand, there is reason why they removed it in the first place.

4.) You have to pay to play MP on playstation, which is horrible considering its such an inferior service. Sony still cannot get firmware updates right, its sad when your updates have to fix updates.

sales2099 said:
teigaga said:
Why do people act as if everyone has decent PC? Its 2013, the masses use laptops not desktops, laptops which are not on par with X1.

Better yet, plenty of people just enjoy playing on consoles. PS4, Wii U, X1 and PC are all completely different platforms regardless of how you try to spin it.

There is increasing evidence that PS fans just use PC to justify playing games X1 has but PS4 doesn't. PC "posers" if you will, not actual PC gamers.

I, like many, assume that if you are willing to invest money on a new console to play the new games, you can also do that investment to buy a PC that can play games. Otherwise you wouldn't even consider gaming on a PC.

Is everybody willing to invest on PC rather than consoles? No, but that doesn't rule out the fact that you can do it if you want.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Some people like to own all of them anyway, just saying (i don't do that). It is down to personal preference though

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

teigaga said:
Why do people act as if everyone has decent PC? Its 2013, the masses use laptops not desktops, laptops which are not on par with X1.

Better yet, plenty of people just enjoy playing on consoles. PS4, Wii U, X1 and PC are all completely different platforms regardless of how you try to spin it.

You're right,a large percentage (Just over half) of PC users do use a laptop and not all are on par with the Xbox One, the high-end ones are faster, especially if they are packing a Quad-Core i5/i7 paired up with a Radeon 7970M. (Which is a graphics chip that's a little faster than the PS4's GPU to put it into perspective.)

The bulk of laptops however use a graphics chip that's half that in capability or less, however the bulk of notebooks also use a horrible 1366x768 TN panel, so it's not like it needs high-end stuff to power that resolution anyway.

Don't understate how large the PC gaming market is though, Steam isn't exactly insignificant anymore with it's 50+ million gamers and PC games are made to scale with it's hardware from the lowest end laptops to the high-end, multi-gpu, multi-monitor behemoths.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

disolitude said:
Are you asking why buy the console with more announced exclusive games than another console?

Only on Xbox One (14 games)
• Below
• Black Tusk Studio game
• Crimson Dragon
• D4
• Dead Rising 3
• Forza Motorsport 5
• Halo
• Killer Instinct
• Kinect Sports Rivals
• Powerstar Golf
• Quantum Break
• Rabbids Invasion
• Ryse: Son of Rome
• Sunset Overdrive

Only On PS4 (10 games)
• Basement Crawl
• Deep Down
• Driveclub
• Galak-Z
• Infamous: Second Son
• Killzone: Shadow Fall
• Knack
• The Order 1886
• Secret Ponchos
• Super Stardust

Maybe your game tastes are more aligned with the PS4, but if you're talking strict number of games...why get a PS4?

Why does this always gets mention as a PS4 exclusive? Where has it been announced as an exclusive, I see many site reporting the exact same thing and all appear to be paroting each other but none can quote a direct source from either Sony or Capcom...