By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC, PS4 and Wii U : Why need a Xbox One ?

Xbox One

Is better than a PC 7 2.25%

Is different and has lots... 46 14.79%

It's the same as on PC, ... 40 12.86%

Screw the Xbox One anyway 177 56.91%

Results 41 13.18%

Total:311

I'll give Microsoft this much: They're currently the ones working hardest to evolve the interface. So if you actually want new gameplay experiences, you're more likely to get them on Xbone.

I haven't see much of them yet, though. Titanfall sure isn't it, where you switch to mech mode and you're playing an FPS but taller. Revolutionary!

Software follow through seems to be the hardest part. Game designers are either stuck in their ways, or their new ideas are being crushed by the suits that write cheques.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Honestly, I feel that Nintendo + PC is enough for me.

PS4 is unessential but could be a nice addition, but for me X1 is totally out of the question.

Xbox one is the only console that allows me to play Halo,and quite simply has alot of money to secure 3rd party exclusivity content like dead rising 3 or Titanfall .
Basically if you love to play this industries biggest blockbuster games you can't go wrong with (Halo,Gears,Cod) and now (Titanfall,Dead Rising 3) even if the later turn up to be timed exclusives the fact that you are getting acess to content first is also very important and so far MS has proven to be very sucessfull with this tactic even sony has followed suite with their timed exclusives indies,wich brings me to PS. If you like to play indies the ps4 looks to be the right choice,and has for the 20 exclusives. I will ask the same question people asked at the xbox one reveal .
What makes you think that all of those aren't kinect games?(Just switch the kinect with move or indies).But since i know the power of sony's 1st party studios even if they closed some ( http://www.examiner.com/article/sony-restructuring-its-first-party-studios ) i will give them the benefit of the doubt.
But right now xbox one is the best console in terms of exclusives as far as i can see.

blublibla said:

So the fact that lots of third party Xbox One games are available on PC, that lots of Xbox/Xbox 360 games like Fable or Halo were available on PC and now that there is the cross-interface between Windows 8 gamecenter and PC...

Isn't the Xbox One useless for games ? 

Compared to the PS4 which will have most third-party console games, but also lots of exclusive due to it's number or internal studios, the same with the Wii U for the Nintendo exclusives, the Xbox One seems like it only has two or three potential definitive exclusives (Ryse, Forza and that Insomniac game)

So as I've been suspecting, isn't the PC a replacement for an Xbox One ?

360 sold 75 million and counting despite many great games sharing a PC version. This tells me that there is GASP......console-only gamers.

From what you are saying, it seems your telling me that PS4 can't stand up to X1 by itself, and that PS4 needs a PC to be competitive.

The way I see it, a XBox1 is all you need because it has Xbox exclusives and Xbox games also on PC. Where as PS4 can't get them and therefore you need a PC to complement it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

WrathofTank said:
disolitude said:
Are you asking why buy the console with more announced exclusive games than another console?

Only on Xbox One (14 games)
• Below
• Black Tusk Studio game
• Crimson Dragon
• D4
• Dead Rising 3
• Forza Motorsport 5
• Halo
• Killer Instinct
• Kinect Sports Rivals
• Powerstar Golf
• Quantum Break
• Rabbids Invasion
• Ryse: Son of Rome
• Sunset Overdrive

Only On PS4 (10 games)
• Basement Crawl
• Deep Down
• Driveclub
• Galak-Z
• Infamous: Second Son
• Killzone: Shadow Fall
• Knack
• The Order 1886
• Secret Ponchos
• Super Stardust

Maybe your game tastes are more aligned with the PS4, but if you're talking strict number of games...why get a PS4?

This is a little silly considering yesterday Sony announced that they are having 20 first party exclusives coming out in the PS4's first year 12 of which are new IP, and the Xbox One announced they have 15 coming 8 of which are new IP...so yea.

not including 3rd party exclusives or "3rd party multiplats not on PS4". Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, that Harmonix game, and a few others. Its well over 20

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
blublibla said:

So the fact that lots of third party Xbox One games are available on PC, that lots of Xbox/Xbox 360 games like Fable or Halo were available on PC and now that there is the cross-interface between Windows 8 gamecenter and PC...

Compared to the PS4 which will have most third-party console games, but also lots of exclusive due to it's number or internal studios, the same with the Wii U for the Nintendo exclusives, the Xbox One seems like it only has two or three potential definitive exclusives (Ryse, Forza and that Insomniac game)

Its especially useless as their most buzz worthy game at E3 Titanfall will be on the PC and will no doubt turn out to be the superior experience. Even Halo makes it to PC eventually. Though for me that's not worth my time anyways.

sales2099 said:
WrathofTank said:
disolitude said:
Are you asking why buy the console with more announced exclusive games than another console?

• Below
• Black Tusk Studio game
• Crimson Dragon
• D4
• Dead Rising 3
• Forza Motorsport 5
• Halo
• Killer Instinct
• Kinect Sports Rivals
• Powerstar Golf
• Quantum Break
• Rabbids Invasion
• Sunset Overdrive

Only On PS4 (10 games)
• Basement Crawl
• Deep Down
• Driveclub
• Galak-Z
• Knack
• The Order 1886
• Secret Ponchos
• Super Stardust

Maybe your game tastes are more aligned with the PS4, but if you're talking strict number of games...why get a PS4?

This is a little silly considering yesterday Sony announced that they are having 20 first party exclusives coming out in the PS4's first year 12 of which are new IP, and the Xbox One announced they have 15 coming 8 of which are new IP...so yea.

not including 3rd party exclusives or "3rd party multiplats not on PS4". Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, that Harmonix game, and a few others. Its well over 20

Yeah... no you fell for corporate speak. You'll notice MS never said 15 FIRST PARTY games like Sony did. MS is releasing 15 exclusive from ALL parties and Sony is releasing 20 FIRST PARTY. So no Titanfall DR3 and Fantasia or whatever are included in that 15 not added to it.

sales2099 said:
WrathofTank said:
disolitude said:

• Below
• Black Tusk Studio game
• Crimson Dragon
• D4
• Dead Rising 3
• Forza Motorsport 5
• Halo
• Killer Instinct
• Kinect Sports Rivals
• Powerstar Golf
• Quantum Break
• Rabbids Invasion
• Sunset Overdrive

Only On PS4 (10 games)
• Basement Crawl
• Deep Down
• Driveclub
• Galak-Z
• Knack
• The Order 1886
• Secret Ponchos
• Super Stardust

I was only referencing first party games if you noticed, both systems will have unannounced third party exclusives, although usually they are timed exclusives.  Both consoles will have a fair amount of exclusives, but to imply (as disolitude did) that someone looking for a large quantity of exclusives shouldn't get a PS4 is silly, Sony is known for their high quality first party exclusives, and as I pointed out they already announced that they have more first party exclusives and more new IPs that Micrsoft during the first year.

-CraZed- said:
sales2099 said:
WrathofTank said:
disolitude said:

• Below
• Black Tusk Studio game
• Crimson Dragon
• D4
• Dead Rising 3
• Forza Motorsport 5
• Halo
• Killer Instinct
• Kinect Sports Rivals
• Powerstar Golf
• Quantum Break
• Rabbids Invasion
• Sunset Overdrive

Only On PS4 (10 games)
• Basement Crawl
• Deep Down
• Driveclub
• Galak-Z
• Knack
• The Order 1886
• Secret Ponchos
• Super Stardust

Yeah... no you fell for corporate speak. You'll notice MS never said 15 FIRST PARTY games like Sony did. MS is releasing 15 exclusive from ALL parties and Sony is releasing 20 FIRST PARTY. So no Titanfall DR3 and Fantasia or whatever are included in that 15 not added to it.

The official twitter response, dont have it handy, said the 15 were "MS published". Thats 1st and 3rd, but with MS funding them. Titalfall and that Harmonix game are not funded by MS.

-CraZed- said:
blublibla said:

Its especially useless as their most buzz worthy game at E3 Titanfall will be on the PC and will no doubt turn out to be the superior experience. Even Halo makes it to PC eventually. Though for me that's not worth my time anyways.

But does PS4 have it? Thats the big thing here, is that theres millions who are console only gamers. 360 didn't sell 75+ million because gamers just play its great games on PC....they bought 360/PC games on the 360 in large numbers.

Sounds like your saying the only way PS4 can be competitive is if you have a gaming PC alongside it.