By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "Journey Becomes Profitable, ThatGameCompany Starts Receiving Royalties"

Tagged games:

AmishGramish said:

As for lurking (outlawauron):
I just get moderately disgruntled when "this stuff" becomes news.  It was already "revealed" months ago.  I also just prefer to have correct information flowing around the internetz, so I've searched for "thatgamecompany" over the last 24 hours on Google before.

Sorry for posting it then. I merely saw it on N4G and brought it here.

Around the Network

Rly? That took a long time for what was supposed to be a big opening

and wtf on TGC not recieving royalties until now?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Jesus!!! read the fucking posts before posting. An TGC employee has already clarified that case. Is it too much asked to read some posts before actually posting

Ahaha someone important from the industry are on the forums here, buy their games are mostly digital. Irony.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

AndrewWK said:
sales2099 said:

Jesus!!! read the fucking posts before posting. An TGC employee has already clarified that case. Is it too much asked to read some posts before actually posting

I read the OP. Thats all I need to know. Sry bud.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
AndrewWK said:
sales2099 said:

So don´t post to be a part of the discussion, but because you are bored? Because if you wanted to discuss the subject, you would gather all of the available informationand then state your point.

Wait... they started receiving royalties NOW?

AndrewWK said:
sales2099 said:

So don´t post to be a part of the discussion, but because you are bored? Because if you wanted to discuss the subject, you would gather all of the available informationand then state your point.

lol you can't tell me what to do. Ignore me if you feel I didn't read every post

AmishGramish said:

And as for Sony and exclusivity (kitler53):
There is no way that we could have made Journey the game that it was on the PS3 without all of the amazing support that we got from Sony Santa Monica, and from other PS3/Sony developers.  They gave us money to make games that revolved around feelings that don't exist in gaming, which has never been done before by any large publisher.  The same goes for flOw and Flower.  Going multiplatform doesn't mean that we hate Sony or that the next game won't be on one or more of their consoles, it just means that we're trying to make our games more accessible to more people.

0.o 

holy crap.  well A) i love your games so thank you thank you for making them.  B) my original post had a healthy dose of sarcasm from the threads months ago about the move to multiplafom being soley because sony bankrupted the company and ate your children.  ..or some equally ridiculous claims.

sales2099 said:
AndrewWK said:
sales2099 said:

lol you can't tell me what to do. Ignore me if you feel I didn't read every post

I obviously can, but you don´t need to listen.