By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW&SW UP! 15th June 2013

Blood_Tears said:
Special note for X360 fans. Next week 360 overtakes DS in WW software numbers.

X360 - 764,792,497
DS - 764,954,542

DS software is massively undertracked, though.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/index.html

Around the Network

Really good to see such a wee reviewed game like the last of us do so well in June. Not very common.

The most interesting thing in these sales to me will be if pikemen has much of an impact on the Wii U sales. I still think it will be pretty small not putting it above PS3 1st week.

deadly2choke said:
SnakeDrake said:

Why would you think that i live in ME XD

Because there are no ME gamers are on this site except pullus...so maybe i was just hoping that you would be from there

ehm... ehm....

The Last of Us launched at £42.99 in the UK in most places. Must have made Sony a truckload of money.

PS4 games in the preorder charts. Next gen in!

Around the Network

Thanks for the info

TLOU is wonderful.

Great week for the ps3, but I'd say it's undertracked. This is definitely the kind of game that sells systems, and with all the bad news surrounding ms recently, it would only make sense to see some very-early turncoats.
I'll bet NPD will show us undertracked this month.

HikenNoAce said:
Gap between PS3 and Wii decreased by 0.55% in 1 week.

Assuming no drop in PS3 sales, only 3.5 years to go!

Kresnik said:

Well yes, absolutely killer FW for TLOU (really impressed it cracked a million actually) and really nice for Animal Crossing too; plus that hardware boost.  It's been advertised quite a lot here in the UK so I'm not too surprised by it.  NPD adjustments pending, ofc.

But I want to talk about the more weird things happening in this update.  And there seem to be a lot of them.

• Xbox 360.  No hardware boost from the new model at all?  Not even slightly?  I do find that hard to believe; normally there's something.
  • PSP software in the UK.  Up 55%?  What on earth has caused that; there's been nothing that I know of that would have had that effect.
  • Vita in the USA.  Up 23%.  There's been no new releases that would've made it in this chart that I'm aware of.  Seems really strange, especially since last NPD showed it doing worse than we were tracking it here.
So, presuming it is a phantom Vita boost, then it's still hovering around the 30k mark.  Wii-U tumbling closer to the 20k mark again; hopefully G&W in the west will do a little to offset that, although it seems pretty doubtful.  At least 3DS and PS3 provided us with some excitement this week.

Best Buy had a sale going on for Vita where when you buy one you get a $50 gift card which helped sell more at least at the store I work at and I think other retailers were doing the same thing.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

dat 3DS.