By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Preparing to Go on the Offensive with Free Xbox Live?

MS already gives away a free month of gold for up to three accounts on a new xbox 360.

Around the Network

Completely free Xbox live would convince me to get Xbone 1st for sure.

The Fury said:
Munkeh111 said:
 stop putting adverts on the dashboard

Wait... do they actually do this? Put adverts on your console? 

On my dashboard I get adverts for BT infinity. I used to think it was "punishment" for not having Gold, but they are still there with my gold subscription... It really really angers me actually

Locknuts said:
If it was permanent, I'd buy an X1 for sure. I'm opposed in principle to paying for online play.

You're right, it does seem wrong that your $60 goes to funding the multiplayer of the game, but you can't play it unless you pay an extra fee. Having said that, you are kind of screwed next gen with Sony going that way too, I guess it is PC gaming for you

The Fury said:
ironmanDX said:
ChristianTheAtheist said:
I believe Microsoft is just too arrogant and selfish to do such a thing.

A 2013 Bloomberg report stated that, as of May 16, 2013, Bill Gates had donated US$28 billion to the foundation. 

What has Sony donated? Kaz? Your response is poorly thought out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Melinda_Gates_Foundation

Bill Gates is not MS, Bill Gates does great things with his personal wealth. If profits were never a concern for MS they would have never charged for XBLive in the first place.

Lol. Bill Gates is not MS... The money he gave to charity was from MS and a majority of it was while he was still there. I also never said profits were not a concern. Every company in the world should be concerned with it.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
The Fury said:
ironmanDX said:
ChristianTheAtheist said:
I believe Microsoft is just too arrogant and selfish to do such a thing.

A 2013 Bloomberg report stated that, as of May 16, 2013, Bill Gates had donated US$28 billion to the foundation. 

What has Sony donated? Kaz? Your response is poorly thought out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Melinda_Gates_Foundation

Bill Gates is not MS, Bill Gates does great things with his personal wealth. If profits were never a concern for MS they would have never charged for XBLive in the first place.

Lol. Bill Gates is not MS... The money he gave to charity was from MS and a majority of it was while he was still there. I also never said profits were not a concern. Every company in the world should be concerned with it.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-employees-gave-105-million-to-charity-in-2012

Ill never understand why the adverts bother some so much. It's a little tiny box off to the lower right that you never have to click on. It's easier to avoid it than it is to scroll down to click it. And don't give me that "oh, butz duh principlas!" nonsense. Get over yourself.

Nsanity said:
ironmanDX said:
The Fury said:

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-employees-gave-105-million-to-charity-in-2012

105 million to charity in a year? Pretty good for selfish company only looking out for itself. I wonder how much Sony has donated as a whole... Lol.

Munkeh111 said:

The Fury said:

Wait... do they actually do this? Put adverts on your console? 

On my dashboard I get adverts for BT infinity. I used to think it was "punishment" for not having Gold, but they are still there with my gold subscription... It really really angers me actually

That to me is rediculous, you've already bought the console, why are you getting adverts on it? ... I'm actually slightly bewildered by that.

Hmm, pie.

At this point I wouldn´t be surprised. I mean after that back peddling they did last week I wouldn´t wonder.