By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ellen Page claims Naughty Dog “ripped off” her likeness

Player1x3 said:

http://www.randomwebsite.com/

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
noname2200 said:
darkshadow23 said:
noname2200 said:
darkshadow23 said:

My point is this: Look at how difficult it was for them to get this done. They were obviously using the players likeness but it has taken years for them to get this far and we are still not sure if they are going to win.

Lawsuits proceed glacially, and doubly so when one side is interested in dragging out the proceedings; class actions go on even longer. My cases are largely simple affairs, but even those routinely take at least ten months to get heard.

Point is, it's no surprise there's been no definitive legal precedent set yet. But it'll happen, and relatively "soon" (in legal terms).

So do you believe that if Ellen were to take this issue to court that she could win, even though there are several differences between Ellen and Ellie (as mentioned in previous post)?

I've only dabbled in patents, and done only casual research into copyright, but I'd say she's less likely to succeed than not. But it wouldn't be a frivolous claim, and failure isn't predestined.

Beat me by 22 hours. Damn you.

Talal said:

I bet everybody that was pissed off at her is trying to think of a compliment to give her, so they don't look like total douchebags.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:

Talal said:

I bet everybody that was pissed off at her is trying to think of a compliment to give her, so they don't look like total douchebags.

Yeah, I kind of feel guilty for getting mad. :p

I still think that her comment was rude, but maybe she didn't mean for it to come off rude. She's also cool enough to joke about it.

I came back here to post Ellen Page's response (been away for a week). But wow, she really put all the pro- Naughty Dog fans and everyone who talked down on her to shame!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
I came back here to post Ellen Page's response (been away for a week). But wow, she really put all the pro- Naughty Dog fans and everyone who talked down on her to shame!

As did Naughty Dog, they admitted changing Ellie's look due people mistaking her for Ellen Page. Ellen Page and Naughty Dog were cool about everything...fans went overboard for nothing.