By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One and PS4 CONSOLE key-features differences; including XBL & PS+ comparisons

JayWood2010 said:

EyeToy - As of this moment not much is known about the next generation  EyeToy.  

It's called a PlayStation Camera. NOT EyeToy.

Also...

PS4 Instant On - It will have an instant on/off feature allowing you to shut down during a game and then boot up from scratch in seconds and resume where you left off.

Around the Network
Deyon said:
JayWood2010 said:

EyeToy - As of this moment not much is known about the next generation  EyeToy.  

It's called a PlayStation Camera. NOT EyeToy.

Also,

PS4 Instant On - It will have an instant on/off feature allowing you to shut down during a game and then boot up from scratch in seconds and resume where you left off.

Thank you and both X1 and PS4 does this, should go with multi-tasking i believe.

JayWood2010 said:

Please notify me on features I have missed and I will add them ASAP. Please notice it also says KEY-FEATURES.

Xbox Live

300,000 Dedicated Servers - Every game on Xbox Live will have a dedicated server.  No host advantage, no lag, no rubber banding.

Cloud Computing - With Azure cloud computing  Xbox One games can be up to 40x as powerful as before.  Cloud computing is still being talked about as we do not know all the details and with recent DRM cancelations we are awaiting to see what has changed with Cloud Computing if any at all.  As of right now Microsoft has said it is still integral to Xbox Live members.

Now i'm gonna be a nitpicking soab. because I hate the usage of 'cloud computing' like it is something new etc. and the underlined part.

No lag, no rubber banding as a feature? are you for real? :P
Rubberbanding occurs when the client and server has a mixed oppinion on where your character is during a sync, this usually has to do with the servers having too much data to process, it can't keep up and it starts not beeing real-time, Or, your data isn't transmitted to the server in the pace it requires.
That leads over to lag, time for data to transmit to server and back again. If that time is too high you start to notice you are not playing in real time = omg. lag wtf.

Cloud computing is CPU, RAM, Disk(IO) that you can run something on, in this case it is Microsoft Azure Cloud that the servers are on. This can be anything, you can use Amazon cloud or anything else to do this, this is not a special feature, the feature is that it is 'built in'.
The developers are probably going to run their workloads on the Xbox live servers. That is the number that is going to rise to 300 000 virtual machines (note that it does not say physical servers, thats the whole thing about cloud)

Cloud computing is having your machines somewhere where you do not have to take care of them yourself, someone else runs the physical hardware, you get a virtual slice of the resources and run your stuff on that.
Whether it be a persistent world or something completely different, the only thing different from 'no cloud' is you do not have the servers 'in house'.
It is exactly the same thing as before only you do not own the physical hardware the stuff runs on, you rent it for a fee.

/end rant about something totaly unimportant

edit:
in my oppinion:
The cloud is a buzzword for uniformed people to get exited about becouse they don't know that it is something that we've been doing for ages (since ~1999), that is, clustered servers / virtual machines.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

BasilZero said:

Something like this

NOTE - INFORMATION MIGHT BE IN THE WRONG SPOT - I am not 100% sure if everything went under the right category, please fix if needed.

Yeah that is fine.  Although yeah ill have to edit it up.  

EDIT:  Now that I look at it most things are exclusive to each as they all work slightly different than the other.

Good job Jay. People should calm down about the things you forgot to mention. :p

Around the Network

Kinect and remote play are still not features of xbl/psn... As you currently have them listed

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

papamudd said:
Kinect and remote play are still not features of xbl/psn... As you currently have them listed

They are key features of the console.

I don't understand how beta/demos is in the Ps4 features but not X1 cause I can guarantee X1 will have demos and it's fair share of betas as well. At least should be in both.  

smroadkill15 said:
I don't understand how beta/demos is in the Ps4 features because I can guarantee X1 will have demos and it's far share of betas as well. At least should be in both.

I removed it a while ago for the same reason

JayWood2010 said:
papamudd said:

They are key features of the console.

Didnt say they werent, but they are not features of online services as you wrote in the op

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date