By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 PlayStation Plus Details: Cross Game Chat doesn’t require the service

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Of course you can use the same Plus account in multiple PS4s. I'm saying if you have one account and your brother/friend etc has their own account you can't use both accounts on separate PS4s for the price of one.

Today you can use in two different PS3.

Nobody knows what PS4 will be but for now I think it will be like PS3.

It will be likely be how they doing with the Vita and PSP. You can have only two portable console attach to one account (1 Vita 1 PSP, 1 Vita 1 PSPgo, 2 Vita....)

So I guess it will only be 1 PS3 and 1 PS4 per account.

Around the Network
xmositox said:

I asked initially.

My sister and I have pre-ordered PS4s. Likely will have one in the living room and the other in my room. I will play with the multiplayer likely 90% of the time, so I will have PS+ associated with my account on my PS4 in my room. She will probably just play games like Knack and Lego Marvel but every once in a while might play one online.

So it doesn't make sense to have two PS+ accounts, so I was curious if there was any way in case my sister wanted to play or people are over to have PS+ in the living room without having to switch consoles for a few hours.

You have to create a user with your PSN Account in both consoles... that's how that works with PS3 today... limited to two console (no more than that).

But we don't know if that will change with PS4.

xmositox said:

I have a question. If there are two users in my house and two PS4s, does one subscription to PS+ work on both machines?

Yes, as long as your PS+ account is on both machines.

WrathofTank said:
xmositox said:

I have a question. If there are two users in my house and two PS4s, does one subscription to PS+ work on both machines?

Yes, as long as your PS+ account is on both machines.

that's how it works with the PS3, but we don't know for sure that it'll work the same way with PS4

While some have pointed to the capability to use one account to activate games on 2 PS3s this feature isn't restricted to PS+, it's the way most of the digital content works.  It used to be that you could activate on up to 5 different PS3.  It was essentially what MS is calling Family Sharing except tied to consoles rather than accounts (and that it wasn't meant to be shared with others).

Since Online isn't a feature of PS+ currently I reckon the strongest indicator would be the automatic downloads feature - it's freely assignable to any console that you have your PS+ account on but can only be active on one PS3 at any time.  I can have mine active on either the PS3 in the bedroom or the lounge but not both.

So my guess would be that this is the level of flexibility that PS+ will have on PS4 - play online multiplayer from any PS4 you are logged into but if you want to online mp from 2 PS4s at the same time you will need 2 PS+ accounts.

However, as some have already said I think the only really honest answer is, "we don't know yet"

Around the Network

@Tuscaniman99
Just because it's common sense to you does NOT mean it's true, so stop giving such inaccurate information.
Source or it did not happen.