By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Is A Day One Purchase.. But PS4 Can Wait

MDMAlliance said:
F0X said:
I don't buy consoles at day one anymore. Too many problems and too few games.

Had to get Wii U day one.  I never had the feeling of having a console on launch and the Wii U (a purchase I knew I wouldn't regret) was my first chance (besides PS Vita).

I bought the 3DS at launch.

That was the last straw.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Since DRM is gone , i think i will Can my pre order of PS4. can't wait to play some Ryse and D3.
Watching the televised football while hacking zombies to death would be great. What do you need more :)

Titanfall looks crazy ... i know its coming to PC.

Looks like it was written by a fanboy. This is the funny thing though:
"HDMI In: Watching the televised football while hacking zombies to death would be great."

I mean, who would play a game while watching TV? Sounds like he was brainwashed by Microsoft FUD.

VGKing said:
"HDMI In: Watching the televised football while hacking zombies to death would be great."

I mean, who would play a game while watching TV? Sounds like he was brainwashed by Microsoft FUD.

It's funny too because my TV do that already... can show both in separeted windows at TV and chan switch between both in mileseconds... my TV record video and take screenshots too lol.

But my point is... all these features I can do with just a command to my TV (yeahs TVs have voice and moviments recognition too).

Pre-ordered two PS4's... imho:

PS4 Will allow access to free TV services unlike XboxOne which will most likely be behind a paywall
PS4 will most likely have a much better range of 1st party games, and will continue to be supported for a long while after release (unlike 360 did, so expect the same for the One)
PS4 - Indie gamers are well supported and not screwed over (good source of fun cheap games)
XboxOne's biggest exclusive TitanFall - no benefit to me as a single player gamer
PS+ - trumps Gold on the current platforms, in fact gold users have been screwed over for years by this (having been a gold and PS+ user
PS4 is $100 cheaper
PS4 is more powerful
PS4 isn't aimed at USA TV audiences
XBO Live TV services will not add any value to users.
XBO has been gimped as a gaming console to crowbar in services no one will want.

So as you can see, this types of lists can be easily made.. pointless post really. Just trying to prove a point, all this willy waving is pointless. Ultimately sales will decide the winner.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

good plan :) You are definitely making the right choice!

Sunset drive is a first person shooter or a 3rd ?

ethomaz said:
VGKing said:

It's funny too because my TV do that already... can show both in separeted windows at TV and chan switch between both in mileseconds... my TV record video and take screenshots too lol.

But my point is... all these features I can do with just a command to my TV (yeahs TVs have voice and moviments recognition too).

What is your TV brand and model?

I don't get the "watch TV while playing" some are saying, are you so ADD that you can't just enjoy one thing? Do we really need to do both at the same time?

Rafux said:
I don't get the "watch TV while playing" some are saying, are you so ADD that you can't just enjoy one thing? Do we really need to do both at the same time?

I'd be curious who would actually do that. I can't wait for the console to come out to hear of what sort of people are so desperate to watch TV during their game time.

I've answered some questions in a mall today, typical market research stuff. There were a few people around me doing the same questionaries, mostly in their 20s. One of the question was, quite simply, "How many hours per day do you watch TV?"...one hour was the general answer, or not at all, which was a bit surprising honestly. Maybe it's a different environment here, where most of the TV watchers nowadays are people well over 50 or people with a low level of education.