By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry: Xbox One Pad vs Dual Shock 4

Tagged games:

Analog sticks being aligned is best in my opinion, makes more sense for both FPS (as stick are aligned, control in general is better, moving a thumb quickly to the buttons or d-pad to access other features is easy and consistent) and for fighters as, in this case the opposite where d-pad and buttons aligned for good control). As you can see I favour the DS3 over the 360s controller, trying to play Tekken on that thing is a joke.

That said the 360 controller for me was too big yet it seems that the Xbone controller is slightly smaller so might be suited better for me and if they have fixed the d-pad (left is not jump dang it, silly 360 controller) even better.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Does anyone reckon the DS4 touch panel could work to assist aiming in fps's?

I want Duel shock 4 to be compatible with the PS3 :(

I have looked at a (small) number of PS4 controller hands on impressions and I was suprised by how much better the DS4 looks than the DS3, or, in other words, now I do see that it's indeed small and you can't hold it as you can the Xbox 180 controller (which grip wise hasn't changed much from the previous one as far as I can tell).
My questions is this: how come not one hands on impression I red/saw gave impressions about the DS4 being bigger and more usable/palmable than DS3?

teigaga said:
Does anyone reckon the DS4 touch panel could work to assist aiming in fps's?

I don't think so.  Apparently KZ is using it to input the different owl commands (up swipe is one power, down another).  I think that's a good use and makes things like gadget use or weapon switching quicker than going though command inputs.  Also it just frees up the buttons for more controls.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
I wonder if you can use them as PC controllers?

Microsoft already said the X1 gamepad is compatible with PC, just like the current 360 gamepad.

How could they leave out the biggest difference.

Xbone you need to buy batteries.

Ok, both controlles got better, while obviously Sony changed morem which doesn't mean DS3 was bad. I think both are very good controllers and it only is personal liking to make a difference. I like the rumble of the triggers already even if I don't know how it will feel, given on experiences I read. Especially thanks to Zappykins.
And of course MS will make it work with PC, no doubt about that.

DS2 & 3 are horrible but it looks like the DS4 is heavily inspired by the 360 controller, which is a good thing.

But, XB1 controller looks like a natural evolution from the X360 controller where as the PS4 controller is just playing catch up.

foodfather said:
DS2 & 3 are horrible but it looks like the DS4 is heavily inspired by the 360 controller, which is a good thing.

But, XB1 controller looks like a natural evolution from the X360 controller where as the PS4 controller is just playing catch up.

Please tell me you are joking. In what world does the ps4 controller look like it's heavily being inspired by the 360 one? Both controllers are evolutions from their previous iteration. The ds4 just made a bigger evolution and from reviews is the better of the 2 but that's HIGHLY subjective. Both controllers are great and are about evened out in terms of usability give or take based on preference.