By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This is why Nintendo has lost me over the past generation. They have no problem releasing rehashed Mario and Pokemon games every couple of years because the kids and casuals buy them by the boatload and they can put minimal effort into them, but when it comes to less "popular" franchises like F-Zero that the loyal core fans clamor for, they come up with lame excuses as to why they currently have no plans to release new installments.

Mainly because that would require some actual effort on their part, and God forbid they actually advertise their games so that people other than the most loyal of the loyal Nintendo fans know they even exist.

Hey Nintendo fans... want a sequel to the cult classic Eternal Darkness, a true StarFox game, or a new F-Zero racer with awesome track design, visuals and music? Well fuck you... here's Mario Kart 8 and a simplistic 3D Mario game... deal with it!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
This is why Nintendo has lost me over the past generation. They have no problem releasing rehashed Mario and Pokemon games every couple of years because the kids and casuals buy them by the boatload and they can put minimal effort into them, but when it comes to less "popular" franchises like F-Zero that the loyal core fans clamor for, they come up with lame excuses as to why they currently have no plans to release new installments.

Mainly because that would require some actual effort on their part, and God forbid they actually advertise their games so that people other than the most loyal of the loyal Nintendo fans know they even exist.

Hey Nintendo fans... want a sequel to the cult classic Eternal Darkness, a true StarFox game, or a new F-Zero racer with awesome track design, visuals and music? Well fuck you... here's Mario Kart 8 and a simplistic 3D Mario game... deal with it!

I get what ur saying but it makes sense financially. Mario Kart and Mario are consistant 10m+ sellers. F-Zero has 4 installments eith each selling less than the previous, with the moat recent not even coming close to 1 million sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

NightDragon83 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5460689

Business is business. I want a new F-ZERO, but there aren't enough of me to make it a priority. Tough shit.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

NightDragon83 said:

This totally explains them releasing Fire Emblem: Awakening, right?

Because making the popular games they do takes no effort whatsoever to make, right?  That's why all the knock-offs of Mario do SO well, and are such top-notch quality, right?  Because it's just so easy to do.  Obviously Nintendo only makes Mario and Pokemon. Right?

You didn't hear?  A soul successor of Eternal Darkness IS coming.  Oh, and Mario Kart 8 seems to have a lot of work put into it, and Super Mario 3D World isn't simplistic unless you want to think of it that way.  Watch the GameXplain videos and you'll see a lot went into making Super Mario 3D World.  

AgentZorn said:
Mensrea said:

Well, change is hard to get over when it's for the worst. I do like change. Galaxy was a vast change for 3D mario and it was awesome. Prime was a re-inventing of the Metroid franchise. Wind Waker changed Zelda significantly with the ocean. I love change, it just has to be for the better. The changes he has suggested as of late have led to games that are not that great IMO.

No need to be condescending. 

The sticker mechanic was poorly handled, but it was not Miyamoto fault. Remember that if Fire Emblem Awakening had not sold over 250k Nintendo would have discontinued the series. Intelligen Systems were left with a tough choice and they chose FE over Paper Mario. My guess is that Intelligent Systems took Miyamotos suggestions, for Sticker Star, without thinking for themselves because they were mostly focused on FE:A.

I can buy that. FE:A was pretty damn amazing. I just wish they spaced their releases a little more so they could make Paper Mario great.

Around the Network

They could still bring these games though when there done making Zelda, Metroid etc

f-zero will come. that's certain. nintendo doesn't plan to abandon any of it's franchises. after all, there was an f-zero mini game in nintendoland

They could still bring these games though when there done making Zelda, Metroid etc I expect them later towards the end of the WiiU's life, I understand these other franshise sell millions but there's still fans out there that want these titles, I was thinking there would be a good chance of a new F-Zero since they put the attraction in NintendoLand and put F-Zero up on VC.
There's only one way to solve this everyone needs to download F-Zero off of VC and only play F-Zero on NintendoLand lol either that or we all buy gamecubes for GX!

I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't just take the F-Zero GX engine, upgrade it to 1080p, add some new tracks, online play, and sell it for $29.99 on the eShop and then have DLC for it as time goes on. How can you cultivate and create an audience for an IP if you don't give the IP a chance? The last F-Zero game came out at a time where Nintendo in general failed to sell the GameCube, so to put so much blame on F-Zero GX not selling at that time is unfair IMO.

How about the fact that Miyamoto's precious Mario/Zelda failed to sell the GameCube or that the decision to make the console look like a kids purple lunchbox was a stupid one? Nintendo and Miyamoto failed the GameCube and franchises like F-Zero and Star Fox paid the price for it (forcing Rare to turn Dinosaur Planet into Star Fox Adventures was a dumb idea too).

If Miyamoto is the one standing in the way of a new F-Zero being made, then honestly, maybe it's time for the dude to step into semi-retirement. I'm fine with him working on his own personal projects, but he's like 60+ years old, he should not be in charge of Nintendo's software division.

At least when it does get here, it will be internally developed.