Which game do you like better?

The Last of Us 133 62.74%

Uncharted 2 77 36.32%

Total:210
Multimedialover said:
dsage01 said:
Figgycal said:
Multimedialover said:
Haven't got last of us yet. But the 2nd half uncharted 2 was pretty lame imo.. made me not rush out and buy uncharted 3 right away. Unfortunately the first 5 hours of uncharted 3 are pretty slow and boring to. I am at chapter 10 at the moment.

I hope last of us has more gameplay like the first uncharted and the 1st half of uncharted 2.

To be honest- I think you have some bad tastes in games if you think Uncharted 1 is better than 2.  2 vs 3 is debatable, but Uncharted 1 is definitely the worst in the series. And if you think Uncharted 3 was slow, don't even bother picking up The Last of Us- it's not the game for you.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I dont have bad taste in games. 

Uncharted 1 had lots of actual gameplay. Uncharted 2 started to have alot less gameplay. And Uncharted 3 is worse. MGS4 was a total bore fest due to cutscene, cutscene and cutscene. To the point they were even retreading dialogue they didnt need.

I prefer games to tell a story like Halflife, Halo or even Gears Of war. Where gameplay is still the fundamental reason you picj up a controller. Many Blurays out there with better stories if I want to watch it. 

To many Sony games are B movies with a bit of gameplay. Its true. Im just more of a gamer. 

God OF War 3 is by far the best title on PS3. But Ive yet to try Last Of us so cant comment on that yet.

B-movies? That would imply that they're bad, low quality or low budget. Does that really describe most sony games? But if that's the way you feel than don't pick up the game. You'll be wasting your money. If you really think that Uncharted 2 and 3, considered some of the best games for the PS3 weren't that good and focused on story too much (and you thought that story was B-movie quality)- don't waste 60 bucks on The Last of Us. There's no need to disappoint yourself knowing that you didn't like the previous games of the developer. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and plays nothing like Uncharted, but it still feels like a Naughty Dog game- there's tons of cutscenes and scripted moments (which you don't like apparently).

BTW I think the only B-movie on the ps3 is resistance- that whole series is overrated garbage. And God of War 3 was awesome, but I still prefer Uncharted 2 over it anyday.

Around the Network
Horrorfest said:
Which game do you get longer playtime out of? Was I supposed to see play time info after beating the game? because I didnt. I think TLOU was slightly longer for me either way its close.
Which game has better multiplayer? Uncharted 2 easy.
Which game has better graphics? The Last of Us but not by much.
Which game has better story? The Last of Us
Which game has better characters? Definitely Uncharted. A bit more characters.

Most importantly, which game do you like more? Honestly Uncharted 2 is still the king. It's pretty flawless while The Last of Us has flaws like the shitty multiplayer.

It says so in your stats or in your save file. Things can get a bit messy or confusing when you start a second game on the same save file, it's not clear what carries over

Multimedialover said:
dsage01 said:
Figgycal said:
Multimedialover said:
Haven't got last of us yet. But the 2nd half uncharted 2 was pretty lame imo.. made me not rush out and buy uncharted 3 right away. Unfortunately the first 5 hours of uncharted 3 are pretty slow and boring to. I am at chapter 10 at the moment.

I hope last of us has more gameplay like the first uncharted and the 1st half of uncharted 2.

To be honest- I think you have some bad tastes in games if you think Uncharted 1 is better than 2.  2 vs 3 is debatable, but Uncharted 1 is definitely the worst in the series. And if you think Uncharted 3 was slow, don't even bother picking up The Last of Us- it's not the game for you.

Uncharted 1 had lots of actual gameplay. Uncharted 2 started to have alot less gameplay. And Uncharted 3 is worse. MGS4 was a total bore fest due to cutscene, cutscene and cutscene. To the point they were even retreading dialogue they didnt need.

I prefer games to tell a story like Halflife, Halo or even Gears Of war. Where gameplay is still the fundamental reason you picj up a controller. Many Blurays out there with better stories if I want to watch it. 

To many Sony games are B movies with a bit of gameplay. Its true. Im just more of a gamer. 

God OF War 3 is by far the best title on PS3. But Ive yet to try Last Of us so cant comment on that yet.

Is it fair to say someone has bad taste because their opinions differs to the majority?

Anyway I kind of agree, I think UC1 as a game is better than UC3 even though UC3 was better overall considering improved aspects other than gameplay. And whilst I think UC2 is the best in the series it isn't that much better than UC1, people talk about it like it's a masterpiece and it's just not, it's great but not without its flaws. I completely agree about MGS4 though, so incredibly boring.

I don't think too many Sony games are B movies with shallow gameplay, however looking at games like MGS4, UC2/3, Heavy Rain, Heavenly Sword and Beyond Two Souls I can see why. However they're balanced with gameplay focused series like God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Killzone, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Infamous, etc. And finally, I agree that God of War III is the best title on the PS3, the only cinematic game which also excels at gameplay, I'd rather have that one game than all of Sony's other exclusives combined (well except for maybe LBP2)... wish God of War: Ascension was as good, it was mediocre, sadly.

Anyway, I have a feeling that I'll enjoy The Last of Us much more than any of Naughty Dogs other games. I watched the opening online and holy shit, I'm impressed. The demo left me disappointed but I'm hoping it just wasn't a good demo and the full game can become one of my favourites, as soon as it dips below £30 it's mine. :)

Multimedialover said:
dsage01 said:
Figgycal said:
Multimedialover said:

Niggest amount of bullshit I've read in a while here. Uncharted has less gameplay because it has more cut-scenes?

Remove the cut-scenes alltogether and the game is still longer than Uncharted Drake's Fortune. 

Which game do you get longer playtime out of? - TLOU=20 freaking hours on hard. Times I just stared at the surrounding areas they looked so good.

Which game has better multiplayer? - Haven't played it but I've heard it's pretty good by many people.

Which game has better graphics? - TLOU easily for me.  The sheer size of some of the levels was amazing with those level of graphics on ps3

Which game has better story? - TLOU but U2 is fairly close

Which game has better characters? - Tie= Love joel and ellie/love Nate, Elena, and Sully and Chloe as well

Most importantly, which game do you like more? -  The Last of Us!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
JustThatGamer said:

Is it fair to say someone has bad taste because their opinions differs to the majority?

Anyway I kind of agree, I think UC1 as a game is better than UC3 even though UC3 was better overall considering improved aspects other than gameplay. And whilst I think UC2 is the best in the series it isn't that much better than UC1, people talk about it like it's a masterpiece and it's just not, it's great but not without its flaws. I completely agree about MGS4 though, so incredibly boring.

I don't think too many Sony games are B movies with shallow gameplay, however looking at games like MGS4, UC2/3, Heavy Rain, Heavenly Sword and Beyond Two Souls I can see why. However they're balanced with gameplay focused series like God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Killzone, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Infamous, etc. And finally, I agree that God of War III is the best title on the PS3, the only cinematic game which also excels at gameplay, I'd rather have that one game than all of Sony's other exclusives combined (well except for maybe LBP2)... wish God of War: Ascension was as good, it was mediocre, sadly.

Anyway, I have a feeling that I'll enjoy The Last of Us much more than any of Naughty Dogs other games. I watched the opening online and holy shit, I'm impressed. The demo left me disappointed but I'm hoping it just wasn't a good demo and the full game can become one of my favourites, as soon as it dips below £30 it's mine. :)

I love Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (see profile pic)- it might've been the first game I got for my ps3, but it is the shortest game of the series, it has the least varied gameplay of the 3, the pacing was all over the place, many encounters with enemies in it feel like padding and sometimes unnecessary, and you want to talk about shallow gameplay- how about that awesome boss fight at the end of the game (sarcasm)?

Figgycal said:
Multimedialover said:
dsage01 said:
Figgycal said:
Multimedialover said:

B-movies? That would imply that they're bad, low quality or low budget. Does that really describe most sony games? But if that's the way you feel than don't pick up the game. You'll be wasting your money. If you really think that Uncharted 2 and 3, considered some of the best games for the PS3 weren't that good and focused on story too much (and you thought that story was B-movie quality)- don't waste 60 bucks on The Last of Us. There's no need to disappoint yourself knowing that you didn't like the previous games of the developer. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and plays nothing like Uncharted, but it still feels like a Naughty Dog game- there's tons of cutscenes and scripted moments (which you don't like apparently).

BTW I think the only B-movie on the ps3 is resistance- that whole series is overrated garbage. And God of War 3 was awesome, but I still prefer Uncharted 2 over it anyday.

Dont get me wrong  the production value of Uncharted is awesome. I just dont think the sscript is good enough to be anything more than B-movie. 

I think fo example the story and emotion is better experienced in games like Metro 2033, Bioshock, Skyrim, Half Life, Halo, etc. Whre it happens in realtime and fully engageable. It works as a player rather than a film. 

Yes Resistance was awful. So was 2. Never tried 3. Killzone 2 was pretty good. Thought 3 was meh and got bored quick. 

My fave PS3 games aare : GOW3,  R&C gamess, Little Big Planet, Infamous etc. They arre game games.

Anyway maybe last of us is done right.

Multimedialover said:

Dont get me wrong  the production value of Uncharted is awesome. I just dont think the sscript is good enough to be anything more than B-movie. 

I think fo example the story and emotion is better experienced in games like Metro 2033, Bioshock, Skyrim, Half Life, Halo, etc. Whre it happens in realtime and fully engageable. It works as a player rather than a film. 

Yes Resistance was awful. So was 2. Never tried 3. Killzone 2 was pretty good. Thought 3 was meh and got bored quick. 

My fave PS3 games aare : GOW3,  R&C gamess, Little Big Planet, Infamous etc. They arre game games.

Anyway maybe last of us is done right.

The story telling approach is pretty much the same as the Uncharted series in The Last of Us. You have cut-scenes in between "levels", but you also have on the fly conversations and events going on in real time throughout the game.  

You mention GOW3 and Infamous as being your favourite PS3 games. Those games used similar approaches. They relied on cut-scenes first and foremost to drive the narrative forward...

There's a place for many different story telling methods. They're all effective in different ways. Bioshock, for example, is all nice but I never felt attached to its characters as much as I did in games like Uncharted and The Last of Us. Even Elisabeth from Bioshock Infinite doesn't hold a candle to Ellie. Even if the story and its twists were quite brilliant.