By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Game Console of All Time?

Ps2 then Nes then ps1

^_^

Around the Network

SNES
N64
Wii

SNES, PS1

PS3 should be up there at the end of this year

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

GooseGaws said:

@valen200:

Ralph Baer is the "father of video games", as he created the prototype for the first home video game console in 1966 which would eventually be released as the Odyssey by Magnavox.

That isn't to discount Pong's importance in increasing the popularity of the video game medium, but Baer was the first to envision the games as being played on televisions and making it possible to do so. He also created the first home light gun game. The man was a damned genius of some sort.

EDIT: He began work in 1966, but completed the legendary "Brown Box", which is now on display in the National Museum of American History, in 1968, some four years before the release of Pong.

Fair Enough.Then I revise my three to be:1. Odyssey - For starting gaming2. Nes- For Saving the Industry3. Ps1 - For begining the first major exsansion of the industry. I am not being sarcastic when I say "thank you for correcting me." 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

@valen200:

Oh, I wasn't trying to be confrontational, I just like to see credit given where it is due. I find that a lot of people who know about Pong have never even heard of Ralph Baer, and I think he deserves to be known of.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
@valen200:

Oh, I wasn't trying to be confrontational, I just like to see credit given where it is due. I find that a lot of people who know about Pong have never even heard of Ralph Baer, and I think he deserves to be known of.
 I did not interpret it as confrontational. I am a history major, and I like finding out new facts. There are a lot of people in history that do not get the credit they deserve. 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

PS2

NES

PS

Amiga (I owned a 1200 once in the days of yore...) Superfrog FTW!

valen200 said:
GooseGaws said:
@valen200:

I did not interpret it as confrontational. I am a history major, and I like finding out new facts. There are a lot of people in history that do not get the credit they deserve.

"History is written by those who watch it, not those who live it" my english teacher used to say. I find quoting quite cheesy, but I like that one among a few others.

PS2 hands down, SNES a distant second.

The Super Nintendo was the pinnacle of console and game design. So many things were created on that machine that continue to live on today: shoulder buttons on the controller, kart racing, arcade ports looking/playing like their original source material, Square truly coming into their own in the RPG scene, etc.

And the system came out to create a true video game war (Sega and NEC were actual threats)! Good times. Good times...

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer