By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could MS run into PS3 style hacking problems due to Xbox Ones Policies?

Things like what Microsoft has done tends to attract people like anonymous.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Every console attracts hacking, this is for sure. But yes, I think MS (how did you miss the "$"?) will be number 1 target for hackers but I guess PS4 will suffer from hacking, too.But I think with MS they will have a hard time and they need again some hardware-hacking to make pirated games possible.

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Every console attracts hacking, this is for sure. But yes, I think MS (how did you miss the "$"?) will be number 1 target for hackers but I guess PS4 will suffer from hacking, too.But I think with MS they will have a hard time and they need again some hardware-hacking to make pirated games possible.

The PS3 got hacked immediately after Sony pissed off the hackers when they locked down the system  so linux couldnt be used on it. Any form of OS lockdown pisses off hackers if they bought the product with the ability to do so. The reason they do it is to prove that they own their product and that consumer electronics companies need to stop intruding upon the product that they own. They know the risks of hacking and modding their own products as well as adding to them. The Xbox One is a hackers dream to tear apart. They will rape Microsofts azure system in the OS if Microsoft continues with the restrictions, which I am glad to hear they are somewhat backing off from, but don't completely believe yet until the product launches.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS3 got hacked immediately after Sony pissed off the hackers when they lockdown the system  so linux couldnt be used on it. Any form of OS lockdown pisses off hackers. The reason they do it is to prove that they own their product and that consumer electronics companies need to stop intruding upon the product that they own. They know the risks of hacking and modding their own products as well as adding to them. The Xbox One is a hackers dream to tear apart. They will rape Microsofts azure system in the OS if Microsoft continues with the restrictions, which I am glad to hear they are somewhat backing off from, but don't completely believe yet until the product launches.

Uh? Do you want to tell me anything about hacking? Cute :)

But why, stage, why do you again use words like "rape"? *sigh* I know you want it to happen, we all know, but please keep at least a minimum level of normal conversation and choice of words.

But yes, I am looking forward for any hacking-attempts against Xbone and PS4. And I had to smile when reading "The Xbox One is a hackers dream to tear apart.". As if you would know :)

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS3 got hacked immediately after Sony pissed off the hackers when they lockdown the system  so linux couldnt be used on it. Any form of OS lockdown pisses off hackers. The reason they do it is to prove that they own their product and that consumer electronics companies need to stop intruding upon the product that they own. They know the risks of hacking and modding their own products as well as adding to them. The Xbox One is a hackers dream to tear apart. They will rape Microsofts azure system in the OS if Microsoft continues with the restrictions, which I am glad to hear they are somewhat backing off from, but don't completely believe yet until the product launches.

But why, stage, why do you again use words like "rape"? *sigh* I know you want it to happen, we all know, but please keep at least a minimum level of normal conversation and choice of words.

But yes, I am looking forward for any hacking-attempts against Xbone and PS4. And I had to smile when reading "The Xbox One is a hackers dream to tear apart.". As if you would know :)

I use rape...because rape implies unwilling penetration? Unwelcomed violation? I agree though that any system can he hacked and I didnt do say this to tell you about hacking, but rather prove a point. We all read about why Sony got hacked because it gets thrown around alot but people never talk about why. After experiencing a month without PSN this is blood in the water for Microsoft especially with the initial nature of Microsofts plans before the backlash. Thats all I am saying.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:

I use rape...because rape implies unwilling penetration? Unwelcomed violation? I agree though that any system can he hacked and I didnt do say this to tell you about hacking, but rather prove a point. We all read about why Sony got hacked because it gets thrown around alot but people never talk about why. After experiencing a month without PSN this is blood in the water for Microsoft. Thats all I am saying.

Oh yes, Sony had a hard time this gen, for sure. Of course people tried to downplay it but it's granted - everybody defends his cow.

To me it will only be fun to watch because I will wait at least one year due to my backlog in gaming and also I want to buy the redesigned versions of the consoles. By now I was looking more to become a PS4-owner but then if MS really gets its system hacked and I can play for "free"... hmm.

Given the outrage over these issues I find it highly probable that online hacking groups may attack the Xbox One online systems.

Given the Xbox One requirement for online check in, the effect of having that service shut down would be utterly devastating for both Xbox One owners and Microsoft.

Well have to wait and see.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

ironmanDX said:
Normando said:

Why would they attack already? If they wait until the X1 launch they could cripple the system before it gets off the ground.

That would effect consumers, the people they try to protect!

Did Sony fans like it when PSN got taken down? Hell no. They're better off making a stand now.

TELL THAT TO LITTLE BILLY WHO COULDN'T GET ONE PSN FOR A MONTH!!

SlayerRondo said:
Given the outrage over these issues I find it highly probable that online hacking groups may attack the Xbox One online systems.

Given the Xbox One requirement for online check in, the effect of having that service shut down would be utterly devastating for both Xbox One owners and Microsoft.

Well have to wait and see.

That's what I was thinking. It was bad for Sony when PSN went down and nobody could play online. It would be awful for MS if Live went down and the One couldn't do it's 24hr check in. You couldn't play games AT ALL. If it was down for as long as PSN was down for, it could ruin the whole generation for MS.

Maybe it's already the case but we don't know yet O_o

And yeah, they will be attacked, wheter or not they can withstand it is the question