By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Graphical Horsepower Post E3!

I would save the final comparisons until we have confirmation of the games running on actual final hardware. What was shown at the Microsoft conference did indeed look great though.

I still think multiplatform games will pull ahead on the PS4 though, we might see situations where they look the same but the Xbox One version runs at 30fps and the PS4 version at 60fps.

Around the Network

Omgz graphikz.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Areal-Llort said:
I find it funny how people think graphics don't matter, yet they use it as a bragging point anyways: "Well, the graphics on the PS4 are far superior than the X1, so HA!".

Some people like me still believe that graphics while nice, are not as important as game play.  People like me are not now changing our tune, it's the people who try to defend their favorite company/system that are doing that.  Me, I enjoy all the systems and think the people who engage in these flame wars over who's favorite system is better are petty and childish.

If you only own one system (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360 Etc...) or one companies systems,  and defend it/them to the end, then you're not a true gamer, because you're missing out on so many awesome games.

Stop hating and start playing.

brendude13 said:
I would save the final comparisons until we have confirmation of the games running on actual final hardware. What was shown at the Microsoft conference did indeed look great though.

I still think multiplatform games will pull ahead on the PS4 though, we might see situations where they look the same but the Xbox One version runs at 30fps and the PS4 version at 60fps.

Nothing that I've seen on either of the systems specs tell me that the PS4 would be able to run a optimized Xbox One game at twice the speed.

Stop hating and start playing.

BuckStud said:
brendude13 said:

Nothing that I've seen on either of the systems specs tell me that the PS4 would be able to run a optimized Xbox One game at twice the speed.

GPU performance of 1.2TFLOPS (rumoured underclocked to 0.9TFLOPS) vs 1.84TFLOPS. I'd say there would be enough extra processing power to get an increased framerate. Even if the Xbox One version can manage a stable 45fps, it will still likely be capped at 30fps.

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
Quantum Break looked unbelievable.

Literally, I don't believe that was running in real time.

A friend of mine don't even believe that forza was running in realtime.

People are going to be shocked when the system comes out and the games look that good.

I wish I could be in the US at launch to watch all those people line-up to buy the Xbox One.

Later this year.

Man walks into BestBuy.

Man sees Ryse running on an Xbox One kiosk.

Man asks, what movie is that?

Bestbuy employee says it's not a movie it's a game for the Xbox One.

Man asks how much does it costs.

Bestbuy employee says $500.

Man says put it on my credit card.

ROFL!

Jega said:

Later this year.

Man walks into BestBuy.

ROFL!

When the guy walk to the spot to pay the console he see the PS4 running a game with same or better graphcs... and $399.

I can see that happen... the price is a way bigger factor than graphcis alone for most of consumers.

ethomaz said:
Jega said:

Later this year.

Man walks into BestBuy.

ROFL!

When the guy walk to the spot to pay the console he see the PS4 running a game with same or better graphcs... and $399.

I can see that happen... the price is a way bigger factor than graphcis alone for most of consumers.

Which launch title for PS4 will look like a Movie.

Killzone looks good but it doesn't look like a movie. It still looks like a game.

..........and some people will want to know why the Xbox One cost more than the PS4.

In some people's mind higher price usually means better quality.

Some Consumers will want to know why?