By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-"Gamers" who hate other systems/games should not be called gamers

NFGBlinkAC said:

This is seriously getting so annoying to read all the hate towards something, especially with these so called "gamers" saying stupid stuff like this. What ever happened to liking a game/system because you were a gamer? Now its:

Xbox Fanboy: Zomg the PS3 SUX!!!!

Wii Fanboy: Our system is the best cuz it's innovative!!!

PS3 Fanboy: **** Halo and the 360!

Wtf happened to everybody? It's impossible to have a actual good conversation with a gamer without the fanboy coming out saying stupid ****.

Things have always been like this, although since your avatar is from FF7 I can easily guess you weren't around for the whole Nintendo/Sony rivalry. And Hell back then the systems were nearly identical.

Around the Network
valen200 said:
Kasz216 said:

Not to mention Hybrid Heaven had a really interesting battle system. The "Learn moves as they're performed on you" aspect made battles interesting. Too bad the control interface was so clunky and the way it was set up made it so you only used a few stand by moves rather then being varied and changing up your combos. It's a shame i bet someone could execute a game like that really well.

I always felt Hybrid Heaven was "this" close to being a revolutionary game, but it just made some fatal misteps.I would honestly be interested in seeing the concept being revisted.

Yeah, i couldn't agree more.

Damn i have to agree with weezy on this whole thread. Hating one system doesn't make me less of a gamer then somebody who loves all the systems. I have over 100 games spread across the PS1, PS2, PSP, Wii and tons of old games from NES, GEN, SNES, GB. But i hate XB and XB360 and that makes me less of a gamer?? No way. Absolutely no logic in this thinking. I am a hardcore gamer just can't stand the XB brand. I could find any great games on the XB & 360 on PC or another system or a game close to the Exclusive game i am missing out that i don't need to deal with the XB brand crap hardware they release.

All i gotta say is my superior taste in gaming doesnt make me any less "hardcore" than the guy who has all these shitty ass games and claims hes hard core becasuse he likes more games.

I am the true hardcore gamer and I only play certain games that I like.
Unlike Kasz I cant play a mediocore pile of a game and say "oh i like this peice of shit"
I dont know about you guys.. but thats just me :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Of course you gotta agree with me I am the fucking man and my debate skills are far too superior for some to realize.

when im proving a point ill bring up the collction of shit games this guy Kasz has who claims to be hardcore.

again quote me..

"Hardcore shouldnt be judged by the number of games you like but by how much fun you have playing them."

Weezy

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:

Grey Acumen said:
Facts:

2. Gamers play ALL the time.

This is off topic, but that is not a fact, it's an assumption. And because MS and Sony had the same one, while Nintendo didn't, is why Ninetndo is kicking there ass in sales.

*sighs * I guess when you use humor referencing a niche joke website, you can't expect too many people to get the joke.

http://www.realultimatepower.net/

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

weezy said:

"Hardcore shouldnt be judged by the number of games you like but by how much fun you have playing them."

Weezy
 What if i really get off on Chicken shoot? 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

flagship said:
NFGBlinkAC said:

This is seriously getting so annoying to read all the hate towards something, especially with these so called "gamers" saying stupid stuff like this. What ever happened to liking a game/system because you were a gamer? Now its:

Xbox Fanboy: Zomg the PS3 SUX!!!!

Wii Fanboy: Our system is the best cuz it's innovative!!!

PS3 Fanboy: **** Halo and the 360!

Wtf happened to everybody? It's impossible to have a actual good conversation with a gamer without the fanboy coming out saying stupid ****.

Things have always been like this, although since your avatar is from FF7 I can easily guess you weren't around for the whole Nintendo/Sony rivalry. And Hell back then the systems were nearly identical.

Actually I have been around, hell, i remember the FFIII(VI) US commercial.  The only thing is, i don't care for company vs company BS.  I do hate Microsoft tho, not because of the 360, i actually like the 360 and some of it's games.  I just don't like the whole DRM crap that they sided on, and how bad Vista is, all that stuff.

BTW, as a matter of fact, i use to be obssessed with Shining Force II way before FF7.  MY first gaming console was the Sega Master System.  My bro had the atari, but then again, he is way older than me lol.

And yes, I have played through all the FF's, and 7 is my favorite one, but don't get me wrong, VI, VIII, IX, X, IV are my top favorite FF's.  FF was my first FF, which is one minor reason why i like it the most, since it got me hooked to the series.  I loved VI and IV a lot too.  Can't wait for the IV DS remake.

TheRealMafoo said:

Grey Acumen said:
Facts:

2. Gamers play ALL the time.

This is off topic, but that is not a fact, it's an assumption. And because MS and Sony had the same one, while Nintendo didn't, is why Ninetndo is kicking there ass in sales.

I take it someone isn't familiar with Real Ultimate Power...

EDIT:  Ack!  Grey Acumen already explained it.  In that case, here is another link for great justice:

http://www.amazon.com/REAL-Ultimate-Power-Official-Ninja/dp/080652569X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202074914&sr=8-1

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

If you own the system you can say it sucks. Especially if you camped out in the freezing cold like I did for 6 hours to get a Wii only to get home and find out it was broken then get sent a refurbished one. Oh and I still wouldn't have been so negative towards the Wii even with this incident if it didn't suck. But yeah, the only game that was even decent was SMG. I've been a true gamer since I was 7 years old. I'm 26 now. PS3 and 360 are great systems, the only downfall is the failure rate on the 360 which will be fixed when the GPU size is downsized. I'm so negative towards the Wii because it also affects what games I get for my "hardcore" systems. Look at Monster Hunter 3. I was really looking forward to it on the PS3. There is potential for the Wii to ruin even more games in the future. You can tell me it doesn't matter all you want, but the fact is that MH3 was a PS3 exclusive and now its a Wii exclusive, thats all the proof I need. I own all three systems and the only one that sucks is the Wii. The only reason I don't sell it is because I want to try Smash and I know I won't be able to find one easily when its released because everyone thinks the Wii is awesome. I just don't see it. /Equips flame shield!