By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-"Gamers" who hate other systems/games should not be called gamers

weezy said:
All i gotta say is my superior taste in gaming doesnt make me any less "hardcore" than the guy who has all these shitty ass games and claims hes hard core becasuse he likes more games.

I am the true hardcore gamer and I only play certain games that I like.
Unlike Kasz I cant play a mediocore pile of a game and say "oh i like this peice of shit"
I dont know about you guys.. but thats just me :)

I'm afraid you still seem to be missing the point.

He isn't saying that a person who appreciates gaming as a whole should be able to play 'a mediocore pile of a game and say "oh i like this peice of shit"'.

He's saying that a person who appreciates gaming as a whole should be able to appreciate a great game, even if that game is in a genre that they personally dislike.  Not necessarily to play it and enjoy it, but to understand what makes it great or sets it apart from these "mediocre piles" of games.

That is all.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

any one hardcore gamer can hate anything they want..unlike kasz not everyone here appreciates Hanna Montana for DS and Zoey wii.

and the ever shittiest wii game ever made..Carnival games.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

GooseGaws said:
weezy said:
All i gotta say is my superior taste in gaming doesnt make me any less "hardcore" than the guy who has all these shitty ass games and claims hes hard core becasuse he likes more games.

Unlike Kasz I cant play a mediocore pile of a game and say "oh i like this peice of shit"

He isn't saying that a person who appreciates gaming as a whole should be able to play 'a mediocore pile of a game and say "oh i like this peice of shit"'.

He's saying that a person who appreciates gaming as a whole should be able to appreciate a great game, even if that game is in a genre that they personally dislike.  Not necessarily to play it and enjoy it, but to understand what makes it great or sets it apart from these "mediocre piles" of games.

That is all.

Im sorry but I only play games I like Im not a tool.

I dont appreciate games I dont like. and im a "hardcore" gamer.

MynameisGARY

GooseGaws said:
weezy said:

He's saying that a person who appreciates gaming as a whole should be able to appreciate a great game, even if that game is in a genre that they personally dislike. Not necessarily to play it and enjoy it, but to understand what makes it great or sets it apart from these "mediocre piles" of games.

That is all.

Case in point--- I am not a huge halo fan. Halo introduced the regenerating health bar and should be given credit for adding an element to modern gameplay even if I prefer other games. GTA III made open enviroments popular. I can see someone not liking the game, but to not accept it's importance is silly. 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

thats whats beautiful... I like what I like and you guys like what you like.. like carnival games and abunch of mediocore piles of shit :)

Im sorry I think my gaming taste is superior than yours but atleast I tell it how it is.

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
Auron said:
Damn i have to agree with weezy on this whole thread. Hating one system doesn't make me less of a gamer then somebody who loves all the systems. I have over 100 games spread across the PS1, PS2, PSP, Wii and tons of old games from NES, GEN, SNES, GB. But i hate XB and XB360 and that makes me less of a gamer?? No way. Absolutely no logic in this thinking. I am a hardcore gamer just can't stand the XB brand. I could find any great games on the XB & 360 on PC or another system or a game close to the Exclusive game i am missing out that i don't need to deal with the XB brand crap hardware they release.

There seem to be two divergent lines of thinking that have been generated here. Some people are discussing gaming itself, where others are discussing platforms.

I don't think it's unreasonable to dislike a platform or the company who produced that platform. There are many reasons to do so. I have an extreme and long-standing dislike of Sony, particularly stemming from their early suppression of 2D games. However, I still own the Sony platforms, as there are many games for them that I enjoy.

What the others are suggesting is that it is silly to have an irrational hatred toward all the games on a platform, or games in a specific genre, or whatever. If you say that you hate a game merely because it was released for Xbox or Xbox 360, then that is a ridiculous opinion. The game should be judged on its own merits, not the merits of the platform. That doesn't mean that you need to own the platform or even respect it, but just that you should give the game a chance on its own merits and not disqualify it simply because of the system on which it is played.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

weezy said:
any one hardcore gamer can hate anything they want..unlike kasz not everyone here appreciates Hanna Montana for DS and Zoey wii.

and the ever shittiest wii game ever made..Carnival games.
 No CArnival games is not the worst Wii game. VEry seriously, Chicken shoot is worse. I can name easily a dozen games that are about as close as you can get to being considered objectively worse.  Alvin and the Chipmunks is high on that list. Billy the Wizard's broomstick racing is another. Carnival games is very mediocre, but there are far worse offenders. 

goose not everyone is gonna be a follower like you.

PPL have their own minds they arent gonna like everything the next guy likes.

MynameisGARY

I know some hardcore gamers who wont even touch 360.
I know some hardcore gamers who wont even touch a Wii.

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
goose not everyone is gonna be a follower like you.

PPL have their own minds they arent gonna like everything the next guy likes.
 No, I would argue that the fact I actually try the games before I talk about them  makes me less of a follower than someone who plays only the "best" titles on a system.