By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-"Gamers" who hate other systems/games should not be called gamers

I don't see how one could actually hate any system. It all boils down to the games, and if a system has the games you like, then you'd probably buy it. If it doesn't, then you'd ignore it.

Well, actually, there is one reason I could see people "hating" another system - jealousy. A game they want is heading to a system that they don't have/can't afford, so they start to hate.

Around the Network

I agree with this post.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I don't hate the XBox360 or PS3. it's just there are virtually no games on either system I'd want to play and neither has the variety of games the Wii has.

anyone who agree's with this thread is not a gamer.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

people are a bit too polar. i have an newly updated pc, and i feel i dont need a 360 so i wont get one. i would recommend 360 to certain people.

fanboys are good because they talk to people about video games. they are proud to love their company. they promote the industry. wen they attack, thats wen its bad.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network
weezy said:
anyone who agree's with this thread is not a hardcore gamer.

Fixed.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
weezy said:

Fixed.

That was utterly the lamest thing ppl can do ..

"DUUH FIXED"

"I FIXEDED DA WORDS AROUND"

You can hate Nintendo and still be a gamer. You can hate whatever the fuck you want.

Like PSP... IMO PSP is a pile of shit, peice of handheld equipment compared to DS.

Where are the games? Maybe 2 great ones...  Ratchet and Clank and Final Fantasy Tactics

and dont get me started on all the games I hate for every single system ever made.

Here's one tho... Halo sucks ass to me. Somebody sue me.

See? I hate PSP and trust me I hate alot of games on other systems and I consider myself a hardcore gamer.

Anyone who likes every system and every game ever made is a tool.

to me 96% of games suck

only the 4% will make me squeel like a little 5 year old girl when I play.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Like one wise forum member once said:

"I didn't realize the console war was a team effort."

weezy said:
NJ5 said:
weezy said:

Fixed.

That was utterly the lamest thing ppl can do ..

"DUUH FIXED"

"I FIXEDED DA WORDS AROUND"

You can hate Nintendo and still be a gamer. You can hate whatever the fuck you want.

Like PSP... IMO PSP is a pile of shit, peice of handheld equipment compared to DS.

Where are the games? Maybe 2 great ones... Ratchet and Clank and Final Fantasy Tactics

and dont get me started on all the games I hate for every single system ever made.

Here's one tho... Halo sucks ass to me. Somebody sue me.

See? I hate PSP and trust me I hate alot of games on other systems and I consider myself a hardcore gamer.

Anyone who likes every system and every game ever made is a tool.

to me 96% of games suck

only the 4% will make me squeel like a little 5 year old girl when I play.

If the only games you can appreciate are ones you like I wouldn't call you a gamer. I would call you someone who likes to play games you like.

The term gamer seems like it's supposed to be something that transcends such things. After all very few people call the woman who plays nothing but peggle and think all 3 consoles are stupid a gamer.

What makers her, or even someone who plays solitaire any different them someone who likes the Wii and hates the other consoles? Or only likes FPS and thinks all other genres suck?

What's the difference from an art enthusiast and someone who likes to occasionally look at pictures?

What's the difference between a baseball fan, and someone who only likes to watch his home team?

It's the ability to see beyond just what you like and give respect where it's due.

Red Sox fans hate the yankees, baseball fans, well also dislike the yankees most of the time but begrudgenly give them credit for their successes and don't mindlessly hate on them.  They don't hope the Yankees fail, but instead that other smaller teams find better ways to succeed.

Anyone who doesn't love things like Wii fit is an anti-gamer since they are being narrowminded

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)