By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-"Gamers" who hate other systems/games should not be called gamers

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
weezy said:
NJ5 said:
weezy said:
anyone who agree's with this thread is not a hardcore gamer.

Fixed.

That was utterly the lamest thing ppl can do ..

"DUUH FIXED"

"I FIXEDED DA WORDS AROUND"

You can hate Nintendo and still be a gamer. You can hate whatever the fuck you want.

Like PSP... IMO PSP is a pile of shit, peice of handheld equipment compared to DS.

Where are the games? Maybe 2 great ones... Ratchet and Clank and Final Fantasy Tactics

and dont get me started on all the games I hate for every single system ever made.

Here's one tho... Halo sucks ass to me. Somebody sue me.

See? I hate PSP and trust me I hate alot of games on other systems and I consider myself a hardcore gamer.

Anyone who likes every system and every game ever made is a tool.

to me 96% of games suck

only the 4% will make me squeel like a little 5 year old girl when I play.

If the only games you can appreciate are ones you like I wouldn't call you a gamer. I would call you someone who likes to play games you like.

The term gamer seems like it's supposed to be something that transcends such things. After all very few people call the woman who plays nothing but peggle and think all 3 consoles are stupid a gamer.

What makers her, or even someone who plays solitaire any different them someone who likes the Wii and hates the other consoles? Or only likes FPS and thinks all other genres suck?

What's the difference from an art enthusiast and someone who likes to occasionally look at pictures?

What's the difference between a baseball fan, and someone who only likes to watch his home team?

It's the ability to see beyond just what you like and give respect where it's due.

Red Sox fans hate the yankees, baseball fans, well also dislike the yankees most of the time but begrudgenly give them credit for their successes and don't mindlessly hate on them.  They don't hope the Yankees fail, but instead that other smaller teams find better ways to succeed.

Wow! That made me LMAO

Kasz216 you seem like somewhat like a logical person, but you fail miserably and I would go off on how unintelligent I thought your statement was, but i'll save myself a ban :)

My taste in gaming must be superior than yours beacause I dont like games just for the fuck of it.(ROFL)

I like what I like, there for I play the games to enjoy myself. I dont play a game I dont like and say "well you gotta appreciate this" LOL my ass.

Im a hardcore gamer and only 5% of games are great and that Weezy's way :)

The only ppl who judge someone on being a hardcore gamer is, not to be mean, a super nerd.

As triumph the dog would say. "You are a super nerd made of lesser nerd body parts."

please take infact I feel Im a nerd  as well :)

Do you think the hardcore Yankee fans who hate redsox nation are not hardcore?

ROFLROFLROFLROLFORLFROLFLROFLROFL please

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

@weezy:

I think you're missing his point. He's saying that a gamer should appreciate the medium of games, not just a specific subset of that medium.

For example, you could be a person who hates story-based games (what up, Bodhesatva), but can you look at Mass Effect and not appreciate the immense amount of effort that went into creating such an incredibly detailed universe? If so, then he suggests that you are not a "gamer", but a person who only enjoys certain games.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I didnt miss the point. 

and

I dont agree goose.

I dont have to appreciate a god damn thing unless I acually appreciate it .

lol

MynameisGARY

I like every type of game from Sports Sim to RPG. but less than 5% of them are games I would buy and have fun with. I dont appreciate games that dont do a god damn thing for me. like Redsteel or GTA and countless others.

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
weezy said:
Kasz216 said:
weezy said:
NJ5 said:
weezy said:
anyone who agree's with this thread is not a hardcore gamer.

Fixed.

That was utterly the lamest thing ppl can do ..

"DUUH FIXED"

"I FIXEDED DA WORDS AROUND"

You can hate Nintendo and still be a gamer. You can hate whatever the fuck you want.

Like PSP... IMO PSP is a pile of shit, peice of handheld equipment compared to DS.

Where are the games? Maybe 2 great ones... Ratchet and Clank and Final Fantasy Tactics

and dont get me started on all the games I hate for every single system ever made.

Here's one tho... Halo sucks ass to me. Somebody sue me.

See? I hate PSP and trust me I hate alot of games on other systems and I consider myself a hardcore gamer.

Anyone who likes every system and every game ever made is a tool.

to me 96% of games suck

only the 4% will make me squeel like a little 5 year old girl when I play.

If the only games you can appreciate are ones you like I wouldn't call you a gamer. I would call you someone who likes to play games you like.

The term gamer seems like it's supposed to be something that transcends such things. After all very few people call the woman who plays nothing but peggle and think all 3 consoles are stupid a gamer.

What makers her, or even someone who plays solitaire any different them someone who likes the Wii and hates the other consoles? Or only likes FPS and thinks all other genres suck?

What's the difference from an art enthusiast and someone who likes to occasionally look at pictures?

What's the difference between a baseball fan, and someone who only likes to watch his home team?

It's the ability to see beyond just what you like and give respect where it's due.

Red Sox fans hate the yankees, baseball fans, well also dislike the yankees most of the time but begrudgenly give them credit for their successes and don't mindlessly hate on them. They don't hope the Yankees fail, but instead that other smaller teams find better ways to succeed.

Wow! That made me LMAO

Kasz216 you seem like somewhat like a logical person, but you fail miserably and I would go off on how unintelligent I thought your statement was, but i'll save myself a ban :)

My taste in gaming must be superior than yours beacause I dont like games just for the fuck of it.(ROFL)

I like what I like, there for I play the games to enjoy myself. I dont play a game I dont like and say "well you gotta appreciate this" LOL my ass.

Im a hardcore gamer and only 5% of games are great and that Weezy's way :)

The only ppl who judge someone on being a hardcore gamer is, not to be mean, a super nerd.

As triumph the dog would say. "You are a super nerd made of lesser nerd body parts."

please take infact I feel Im a nerd as well :)

Do you think the hardcore Yankee fans who hate redsox nation are not hardcore?

ROFLROFLROFLROLFORLFROLFLROFLROFL please

They are hardcore Yankee fans.

They are not hardcore Baseball fans.

They have a hardcore love towards one team. They arn't anything like someone like Peter Gammons for example who has an appreciation of the whole of baseball.

Peter Gammons is a hardcore fan yes. That is his style.

But i dont belittle any one fan for loving their sports team 100% and says fuck everyone else.

there are games like GTA where i can say "you know what? this game is like a flaming bag of shit being stepped on with bare feet"

This is me. I like most genre's of games but to me most games just arent fun.

But Gaming is a huge part of my life. So in some super nerds eye's I may not be hardcore but god damn I love playing video games and have alot of fun playing them,(the 5%)

Maybe Im just jaded with over 18 years of gaming experience. But I cant sit here and say I appreciate some game that is a piece of shit IMO.

MynameisGARY

Hardcore shouldnt be judged by the number of games you like but by how much fun you have playing them.

Quote me suckers

MynameisGARY

weezy said:

Peter Gammons is a hardcore fan yes. That is his style.

But i dont belittle any one fan for loving their sports team 100% and says fuck everyone else.

thier are games like GTA where i can say "you know what? this game is like a flaming bag of shit being stepped on with bare feet"

This is me. I like most genre's of games but to me most games just arent fun.

But Gaming is a huge part of my life. So in some super nerds eye's I may not be hardcore but god damn I love playing video games and have alot of fun playing them,(the 5%)

Maybe Im just jaded with over 18 years of gaming experience. But I cant sit here and say I appreciate some game that is a piece of shit IMO.

Someone who says "I love my team 100% and fuck everyone else" should learn to not hate on other teams in public places because they aren't objective.

There is nothing stopping people from enjoying their games, but when you dislike a game simply because it has a different brand on it, or you can't recognize anything new that a team tried to accomplish in what they did... then you really don't have the kind of understanding to appreciate gaming. 

The problem is people use the term "Hardcore Gamer' to imply that they have some sort of greater knowledge then people who arn't hardcore gamers.  This is however conversly true when they can't see anything past a game except "it sucked."

It's not like some games don't suck.

Like Genji.  Genji sucks.  It's a bad game and it does and tries nothing new.

But GTA.  I also thought sucked, however i recognize it did a lot of things to mainstream sandbox games, some of which i liked like "The Warriors", so i don't say it sucks, i simply say I did not like it.

That's the difference from a movie fan who has seen hundreds of movies and can tell you what is good to him, and a movie officianato like Ebert, who can see movies and tell you what movies are good, period.

well thats what we call fanboys

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"