By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Quieted The Critics at E3.

Joke thread is too obvious.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:
ethomaz said:

Zizzla_Rachet said:

Wrong...If Gaikai is to offer cloud processing for a PS4 your not going to able to play offline....

So the only games that you will be able to play offline are games that don't have gaikai cloud power...

Over 90% of the library... this cloud processing is PR talk... and in PS4 only if the devs wants to use... it is always better to make the things in the consoles due the latency and speed.

Sorry bro...But labeling PR talk is ignoring the fact that Ps4 won't seem all that fexible when it comes to Cloud Processing...And what happpens when devs build games that require cloud at all times...Sony avoids talking about Gaikai whenever possible.....some devs like the ones behind Titan fall already claim that their games are not possible with the cloud...

You're assuming there will be games that won't work without cloud processing when they're made to harness that extra power, when even on XBox One's side they mentioned that the games will be enhanced by the feature, while not requiring it to work.

ethomaz said:

Zizzla_Rachet said:

On what grounds can you say that it will run better and not require cloud?...

You better hope that the cloud features in Forza 5 can be brushed aside...Becuase if they can't racing games for ps4 are in for a tall hurdle..

Because PS4 is more powerful (devs words) and the cloud processing will be aways inferior to offline hardware processing due latency... so only processing that require biggers latencies will use cloud and that is less than 10% of the game processing.

Forza 5 is a good example because it is one of the games that have more high latency processing like how the weather affects the track... wait Froza didn't have weather effects... well tire deformation... yes the physics of the tire deformation can be done in cloud.... I think I can give you more two or three exemple like the tire deformation for Forza 5.

Everything else require low latencies... so it can't be done in cloud.

And a hint... MS already said every game can run without cloud when you don't have active internet... so it is not required... Forza 5 runs without cloud.

Wasn't PS3 more powerful than 360? Shouldn't we wait and see how many games show this excess/defect of powerfulness and how big the differecence will be? Care to take a guess?

BTW the game sharing feature sound pretty neat to me, that's a definitive plus to xbox one.

@wick: off topic but your sig confused me for a minute as I was trying to squish the bug off my screen... might be the alcohol, but fair enough that was funny.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

NYCrysis said:
Jega said:
Sensei said:
Jega said:

No, it didn't do shit for the bad PR of the Xbone, what alternative Internet reality are you living in?

Yeah it has the games, but the console is still more restrictive, more expensive, more bulky, less powerful than the PS4.

The games are there but they don't address any of the problems above.

Even if the Xbox One is less powerful than the PS4, I didn't see that in any of the games at E3. In fact most of the Xbox One games look superior to what

I have seen for the PS4.

The Division, NFS: Rivals, Watch Dogs and Infamous 2nd Son (All showed gameplay on ps4) look far better than what was shown on XBone.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
That must be the loudest silence i've ever heard.

I was going to say this.

You win.

Its like i just entered the twilight zone!

Warning don't read if your a sensitive xbox fanboy.  Honestly I thought Mircosoft's press conference was pretty subpar and heres why.  Ryse was good graphics wise, but that's pretty much the only good thing I can say about the game, it has some of the worst combat I've ever seen, just quick time events.  The new Killer Instinct is a disgrace to the series, we have fighting games out now that are way better like Mortal Kombat and Injustice, hell Killer Instinct has less features such as environmental interaction and dynamic stage changes, it just looks like a sub par fighting game.  As far as Quantum Break goes we have barely seen anything about that game, we have to see more before I can say anything about it.  The same goes for Sunset Overdrive.  Titalfall looks good but its not a X1 exclusive its coming to 360 and PC too and many rumors are that its a timed exclusive and will come to PS4.  I am staying far away from Dead Rising 3, I was unfortunate enough to play Dead Rising 2...I don't think I need to say anything else.  The new Forza looks good and all, I'm still waiting to see what seperates it from other racers though.  Now Crimson Dragon looks amazing, it is one of my top games for next gen.  Honestly at this point I'm way more excited for the PS4 exclusives and Sony has said there are more to be revealed, personally I think Microsoft showed all they had at E3.