By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Quieted The Critics at E3.

I liked MS thought it was better than Sony's. MS has been my console of choice 82K gamerscore and counting.

Still I probably will be working on trophies more this gen.

I have gamefly and any must buy multiplats go to the PS3 this round because I can trade my games still.

Around the Network
xenogears1234 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
In terms of showing off games MS blew Sony out the water. But the fact that Sony announced consumer friendly policies they pretty much automatically won E3. I mean all Sony showed was a bunch of multi-platform games.

I take it you really didnt watch sony's E-3 all that close this is a list of sony's titles via e3

Exclusives

• Knack (Sony)
  • DC Universe Online (Sony Online Entertainment)
  • Planetside 2 (Sony Online Entertainment)
  • Hohokum (Sony Santa Monica)
  • The Order: 1866 (Ready At Dawn)
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall (Guerrilla Games)
  • Infamous: Second Son (Sucker Punch)
  • Drive Club (Evolution Studios)
  • Unnamed Move Game (Media Molecule)

Third party

Indie

• The Witness (Jonathan Blow)
  • Secret Ponchos (Switchblade Monkeys)
  • Outlast (Red Barrels)
  • Ray's The Dead (Ragtag Studio)
  • Tiny Brains (Spearhead)
  • Basement Crawl (Blooper)
  • Transistor (Supergiant Games)
  • Don't Starve (Klei Entertainment)
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Young Horses)
  • Galak-Z (17-Bit)
  • Mercenary Kings (Tribute Games)

Maybe some of these games are not your cup of tea, but its not fair to make it seem like the xbox one annonced a 100 titles and sony announced none.

I have no Idea How you saw mirrors Edge 2 during the Sony conference...

Sensei said:
Jega said:

I just saw both the Microsoft and Sony Press Events.

The PS4 is no doubt an impressive gaming system as well, but most of the games shown at there Press Event will also be available for the Xbox One.

With all the critisicism at the Xbox One Reveal of a lack of games Microsoft sure quieted the critics. I didn't see a topic about this and I had to say 

something about it, "Microsoft delivered the games like they said they would".

Ryse, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break and Titan Fall were the games that stood out to me as the most impressive.

There were so many exclusives anounced some were just mentioned.

The Xbox One is just plain impressive and gamers everywhere should be happy Microsoft decided to entered the gaming industry as they have

bought so many new things to the industry.

No, it didn't do shit for the bad PR of the Xbone, what alternative Internet reality are you living in?

Yeah it has the games, but the console is still more restrictive, more expensive, more bulky, less powerful than the PS4.

The games are there but they don't address any of the problems above.

Even if the Xbox One is less powerful than the PS4, I didn't see that in any of the games at E3. In fact most of the Xbox One games look superior to what

I have seen for the PS4.

Jega said:

Even if the Xbox One is less powerful than the PS4, I didn't see that in any of the games at E3. In fact most of the Xbox One games look superior to what

I have seen for the PS4.

Did you see any game outside the Xbone exclusives?

ethomaz said:

Zizzla_Rachet said:

Sorry bro...But labeling PR talk is ignoring the fact that Ps4 won't seem all that fexible when it comes to Cloud Processing...And what happpens when devs build games that require cloud at all times...Sony avoids talking about Gaikai whenever possible.....some devs like the ones behind Titan fall already claim that their games are not possible with the cloud...

That's the point...

No game require cloud to run... it is only takes advantage is there are one... Titanfall is a game that will have only online multiplayer... no offline single-player.

Whooops...Big Typo I mean that they do require cloud..

“What Xbox One lacks in RAM, it potentially makes up for in cloud computing.” -GI Talks about how the game will have unlimited dedicated servers for the game, offloading “a few dozen AI” and physics, says the game would be impossible without the cloud and wouldn’t have attempted it. Still dealing with unfinished hardware and software, so it’s “still a little rough going at times.”

Around the Network

Yeah MS had a better showing of games at E3. No one can really deny that.

Zizzla_Rachet said:

“What Xbox One lacks in RAM, it potentially makes up for in cloud computing.” -GI Talks about how the game will have unlimited dedicated servers for the game, offloading “a few dozen AI” and physics, says the game would be impossible without the cloud and wouldn’t have attempted it. Still dealing with unfinished hardware and software, so it’s “still a little rough going at times.”

Titanfall will come to PS4 without cloud and running better... that's my point... just wait and you will see the cloud is limited for over 90% of the games.

Jega said:

I have seen for the PS4.

Let's suppose PS4 never achieves its full potential, that even studios like Santa Monica and Naughty Dog can't unlock its power beyond Xbone's. Heck, let's even assume MS adds secret sauce power to Xbone and PS4 games look slightly inferior.

Even then, PS4 is still cheaper, still less restrictive, etc, etc. The fact is, the Xbone has far more problems, problems than can't be solved by simply adding more games and hardware power.

MS needs to drop the DRM and always online bullshit - then I'll be on board for some Killer Instinct.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Mensrea said:
Titanfall is pretty cool. And crimson dragon as well as dead rising 3 looked good. It's just that there is no way I can buy a system that is so anti consumer. If Microsoft removed DRM, allowed used games, allowed loaning games, and didn't have kinect always watching, then I would really consider buying it over PS4.

A console that requires you to install your game and no longer use the disc needs DRM...That's not anti Consumer...You can sell your physical disc at support retails and it will become aviable as used..You lose the game from your digital library...which is why the DRM is in place...Sharing games with your Gamertag family is much better than loaning some one a disc based game...Kinect can be disabled from th UI...

Sorry..your argument is invalid....

You've got the cart before the horse. MS designed the Xbone to enforce DRM, the full install and no disc required was placed within that paradigm. They didn't start from a standpoint of the best way for games to work is full install and no disc required...oh wait if we do that we'll need DRM which severely restricts the used game market otherwise piracy will be rampant on Xbone. You're trying to retro fit a DRM justification into an aspect of the console's design that is completely unnessesary.

Wait, it's not quite just that. Because MS wants you to not have to get up off your couch, they want you to be able to put a Blu-ray movie / TV show into the Blu-Ray player and for you to be able to play any of your games then swithc to the movie on the fly. OK, nifty feature, but to make DRM a trade off for a nifty, but hardly earth shattering little feature is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

DRM was not a solution to a consequential problem created by the design of the Xbone operating environment. It was an end goal in itself.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ethomaz said:

Zizzla_Rachet said:

Titanfall will come to PS4 without cloud and running better... that's my point... just wait and you will see the cloud is limited for over 90% of the games.

On what grounds can you say that it will run better and not require cloud?...

You better hope that the cloud features in Forza 5 can be brushed aside...Becuase if they can't racing games for ps4 are in for a tall hurdle..