By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed, if you are banned from xbl you lose all your games

Michael-5 said:
Ji99saw said:
So all the games you payed for you can't play. Keep digging that hole for yourself MS

"Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve."

Nice.

As for XB One, when they eventually shut down the servers for XB One, be it 15 or 25 years after the initial debut, will our games work? We won't be able to connect online every 24 hours....

First, I believe Xbone-games will also work with Xtwo. Second, I think at some time MS will give a "last" check that unlocks everything. Or they  make the games run on PC - MS still knows that you have your games tied to your account. I think the only bad thing that could happen is that MS goes bankrupt which I highly doubt.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Michael-5 said:
Ji99saw said:
So all the games you payed for you can't play. Keep digging that hole for yourself MS

"Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve."

Nice.

As for XB One, when they eventually shut down the servers for XB One, be it 15 or 25 years after the initial debut, will our games work? We won't be able to connect online every 24 hours....

First, I believe Xbone-games will also work with Xtwo. Second, I think at some time MS will give a "last" check that unlocks everything. Or they  make the games run on PC - MS still knows that you have your games tied to your account. I think the only bad thing that could happen is that MS goes bankrupt which I highly doubt.

What you believe isn't fact, but I've heard MS is trying to copy steam, and if that's the case XBOne games will work on XB2. However there will be a lot less servers, and MS will still have the option to shut them down after some time. A hard copy retail game lasts as long as physically capable, cartridges can last a lifetime if you maintain them.

I just don't like the used game policy, you can make a system which links a retail game with a console which doesn't force you to stay connected, or block you from selling your games. Why not just stick to the system 360 has, where you need the physical disk to play the installed game. You can still lend the game to a friend, and play it offline, and keep it forever, regardless of weather or not MS keeps the servers up or not.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

DJEVOLVE said:
Persistantthug said:
DJEVOLVE said:

LOL

Yea you got all the data. HUH.... Vgchartz has a hard time with the numbers but you nailed it. LOL Launch day is the proof and after MS pulls third party in the room and non-stop marketing, we will see.

Lets not get started with bad buisness practices. last time I checked sony just sold 2 buildings to make up for how bad they're doing.

We have hit a nerve. 

I just can't believe you'd actually sit here and try and defend and praise Microsoft for their anti consumer crap.

Well...do as you will.....but XBONE is the one suffering.

PS4's the one with more games without DRM....and no, there's nothing EA can do about it, because EA's in fairly bad to mediocre shape themselves....that's why they keep firing CEOs.

But here you go

PS4 total games = 69  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-12-a-list-of-every-confirmed-playstation-4-game

XBOX One Total games = 51   http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-12-a-list-of-every-confirmed-xbox-one-game

Maybe I see many Software giants crashing hard from people just straight being cheap. I don't have a issue with  the Internet. I have had it 10 years and I will the rest of my life.  Plus I always buy new.

Why is EA in bad shape, because of used and pirated games. Or they would be profitable.

EA's in bad shape because of their $300 MILLION DOLLAR FLOP.

The dummy's couldn't figure out that there was already a Star Wars game out (Galaxies) and people are already Lucas'ed out.

The dummy's were too shortsighted to see, that instead of paying royaltees and licence fees to Lucas, they should have gone in with a FRESH take on things with something potentially even better......MASS EFFECT.

At any rate. So far:

PS4 = Winning

XBONE = Losing

No one, rather no big publisher, has the balls to not support the PS4....period.  PM me when that changes.

well that is rather unfortunate.

Simple fix: don't get banned

Around the Network

Wow...I don't quite know what else to say...

But if you don't get banned there's no issue. You can argue that there's other factors, but those issues are few and far between.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

holyshit..just when I thought it couldn't get worst. still though its their fault for getting banned I guess...but damn..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
J_Allard said:
Simple fix: don't get banned

There's a simplier one. Buy an Xbox 360.

Would the ban effectively brick the console itself, or can you still play disc games?

Michael-5 said:

What you believe isn't fact, but I've heard MS is trying to copy steam, and if that's the case XBOne games will work on XB2. However there will be a lot less servers, and MS will still have the option to shut them down after some time. A hard copy retail game lasts as long as physically capable, cartridges can last a lifetime if you maintain them.

I just don't like the used game policy, you can make a system which links a retail game with a console which doesn't force you to stay connected, or block you from selling your games. Why not just stick to the system 360 has, where you need the physical disk to play the installed game. You can still lend the game to a friend, and play it offline, and keep it forever, regardless of weather or not MS keeps the servers up or not.

Of course it isn't fact because we don't know what will be in 20 years so we can only guess. Some assume the worst, some don't.

But yes, I think the 360-solution is the best, it is even better than PS3. You *can* install your games, but no game forces you to. You can resell your games and the disc is only needed to check for existance. We will see how this will go in the next years...