By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed, if you are banned from xbl you lose all your games

Xen said:
Should this policy get into the known, XBL will become the most polite community in the world, bar none.
God damn.

You're kidding, right? What does Sony do if you pirate their games and get caught? Nothing?

Around the Network

Are these people cereal?

Spotify DRM: If you have an internet connection, we'll give you ten hours of free music a month, paid for by advertisements. Then we'll try to sell you on a subscription service with unlimited access, offline play, and no ads.

Microsoft DRM: We'll have you pay $500 for a console, $60 for a game, $50 per year for an online service, then we're still going to put ads on XBox Live, and we reserve the right to brick your system at any time.

ironmanDX said:
Xen said:
Should this policy get into the known, XBL will become the most polite community in the world, bar none.
God damn.

You're kidding, right? What does Sony do if you pirate their games and get caught? Nothing?

They're not tied to a PSN account, and your console doesn't lose all functionality once you're banned from PSN. The games play from disc, and don't need any internet connection for them to function offline. They'll continue working.

Also, piracy on the PS3 requires very specific firmware and measures these days. Measures that'll not allow you to get on PSN probably, anyway.

So... compared to that, nothing.

There was also one time ~release of the X360 slim that Microsoft did a massive ban run on pirated 360's. They lost not only XBL forever, but lots of other functions - which exactly - I don't remember anymore and am too lazy to search for. Let's just say the pirates needed to buy another console. It wouldn't surprise me if post XBL ban on the XB1, you'd truly be left with useless pieces of plastic rather than game discs. Microsoft doesn't joke around.

edit: I found you some links anyway.

http://www.ps3news.com/XBox-360/more-on-xbox-live-bans-hdd-crippling-possible-ban-causes/#ixzz0WOpiuaK[/SIZE

http://www.pcworld.com/article/182010/xbox_users_banned.html

JusSayian said:
TheCrazyguy16 said:
lolol wow microsoft. this is even worst than the drm. is this even legal to do?

No its not, the fact that people can believe something like this is beyond me.

And DRM is not bad, most of you have interent and your on the interent complaining about your lack of interent.

xbox support tweeted this information, so it is believable and im pretty sure drm has its fault but i give you this your internet analogy was pretty good

Around the Network

I know some guys who were invited into a CoD lobby in the Xbox version. They just thought it was a normal game but when the level loaded they were greeted by a hacked "challenge lobby." They were then systematically picked out, slammed with allegations, and finally permabanned without any chance to appeal.

I also accidentally joined a challenge lobby in MW2, completely oblivious to what they were, and I did not get banned. Game's are meant to be fun and people having been exploiting glitches in games (both single player and multiplayer).

So why punish the player who's invested so much into the console and games, because of the game/console developer's inability to create a hackproof game/console?

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

TheCrazyguy16 said:
JusSayian said:
TheCrazyguy16 said:
lolol wow microsoft. this is even worst than the drm. is this even legal to do?

No its not, the fact that people can believe something like this is beyond me.

And DRM is not bad, most of you have interent and your on the interent complaining about your lack of interent.

xbox support tweeted this information, so it is believable and im pretty sure drm has its fault but i give you this your internet analogy was pretty good

Well if MS excs. cant answer questions well, i doubt their customer service can do much better. Hopefully this isnt true cause people will take it the wrong way.

And thanks it pretty ironic eh?

JusSayian said:
Well its your fault for getting banned in the first place.

...or the fault of someone you share your account with.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

ironmanDX said:
Xen said:
God damn.

What make you think only pirates will be banned?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
ironmanDX said:
Xen said:
God damn.

What make you think only pirates will be banned?

Who else would be? People swearing just get muted. I've had multiple freinds muted but never banned unless they pirated or used hacks in games.