By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Who is going to see Man of Steel 2marrow?- No one is hyped for Superman? Ride the Word of mouth wave to a billion in sales ( prediction)

Rate it

5-10 34 77.27%

0-4 4 9.09%

0th3r 90st b3l0w 5 11.36%

Total:43

The movie was pretty dumb, it was entertaining though.

Around the Network

Just came back from watching it.

This is definitely and easily the best Superman movie ever made.  Not that it was difficult to do. Reeve's movies were good for their time, but when you watch them today, they haven't aged too well. Way too camp for my taste. Even if Reeve's charm is undeniable and still alive to this day. His Superman represents an older era that just doesn't work as well today.

Now that this is out of the way... I really enjoyed the portrayal by all the actors in Man of Steel. Henry Cavill is very good as Kal-El, and his acting is awesome throughout the whole movie. His acting is made all the more enjoyable when you see Clark in different eras of his [early] adult age. Where he's in different states of mind, in his build-up to becoming the Man of Steel. I'm trying not to spoil the movie so I'll remain this vague. :P

Amy Adams as Lois Lane is a delight. This actress is hypnotic. Something about her eyes, I think...

In any case, the creators did mix things up a bit when it comes to the mythos but still remained very truthful and respectful to the canon. Which I really enjoyed. Everything is explained in a convincing way. Old questions even, that have more often than not been ignored in the comics and other itterations of the story are resolved in this movie. 

Since I just came back from the movie, I could probably go on and on... But I haven't yet fully composed my thoughts about it.  My mind is still overwhelmed by how awesome it was.

I only have 2 small "complaints" about the movie. 

- The movie could have benefited from a bit more character interactions between Lois and Superman/Clark/Kal-El...
- And sometimes, too much action isn't better than too little. xD

But I'm definitely going to go watch it again.

Oh, an other minus, but it's not really a complaint... Don't pay extra to watch the movie in 3D. I did, because they weren't showing the 2D version at the theater I went, and I thought the 3D wasn't really necessary, and was in fact barely noticeable throughout the entire movie (only exception being the Krypton scenes). 

For now, the movie is a solid 4.5 out of 5

Its in my top two with the Dark Knight no Marvel movies shall pass...not even Avengers. One of the greatest comic book movies I've ever seen. Greatest last fight scene in a super hero movie.

hinch said:
Soleron said:
I don't want to see this regardless of quality because it'll encourage the proliferation of superhero movies upcoming.

I mean, two more Avengers phases of 3+ films each, plus more films in the individual hero series, plus spinoffs, and that's only the Marvel side.

And as amazing as superhero movies of the Avengers School can be as light entertainment r graphical spectacle, they're all shallow as hell and have zero rewatch value. It means the wanton expansion of budgets and CGI and literal actor hero-worship and the worst of female love interest portrayal.

To be fair I didn't really like the Avengers movie either. Or more of the recent superhero movies from DC/Marvel universe. They usually have that sterile Hollywood treatment to them where its all flashy special effects and offer no real substance behind the characters they portray. With each origional material being shat upon and becomes a horribly adapted mess when comes to the big screen - especially when you compare the films with the the comics or animated films/series.

But this movie is nothing of the sort, after watching so many overrated Nolan Batman films, Marvel's Avengers (that include individual movies for each of the characters) this one is a breath of fresh air. I'd definelty reccomend it, especially if you're a fan of Supes. It's a film that finally does him justice.

Every movie from the "overated" Dark Knight Trilogy had WAAAAAAAY more substance than Man of Steel (or any other superhero movie) but you say in your first paragraph that you hate movies with hardly any substance but then say in your next paragraph that Nolans Batman films are overated and Man of Steel is great. The only substance in Man of Steel was Jor-El (Russell Crowe nailed his role). Man of Steel had more flashy special effects (that you apparently hate) than all the Batman films put together.

I'm not sure if your just having a hard time describing what you like/dislike or if your an actual hypocrite. I also apologize as well because I know I'm coming off defensive, which I always do, just look at my avatar.

A_C_E said:
hinch said:
Soleron said:
I don't want to see this regardless of quality because it'll encourage the proliferation of superhero movies upcoming.

I mean, two more Avengers phases of 3+ films each, plus more films in the individual hero series, plus spinoffs, and that's only the Marvel side.

And as amazing as superhero movies of the Avengers School can be as light entertainment r graphical spectacle, they're all shallow as hell and have zero rewatch value. It means the wanton expansion of budgets and CGI and literal actor hero-worship and the worst of female love interest portrayal.

To be fair I didn't really like the Avengers movie either. Or more of the recent superhero movies from DC/Marvel universe. They usually have that sterile Hollywood treatment to them where its all flashy special effects and offer no real substance behind the characters they portray. With each origional material being shat upon and becomes a horribly adapted mess when comes to the big screen - especially when you compare the films with the the comics or animated films/series.

But this movie is nothing of the sort, after watching so many overrated Nolan Batman films, Marvel's Avengers (that include individual movies for each of the characters) this one is a breath of fresh air. I'd definelty reccomend it, especially if you're a fan of Supes. It's a film that finally does him justice.

Every movie from the "overated" Dark Knight Trilogy had WAAAAAAAY more substance than Man of Steel (or any other superhero movie) but you say in your first paragraph that you hate movies with hardly any substance but then say in your next paragraph that Nolans Batman films are overated and Man of Steel is great. The only substance in Man of Steel was Jor-El (Russell Crowe nailed his role). Man of Steel had more flashy special effects (that you apparently hate) than all the Batman films put together.

I'm not sure if your just having a hard time describing what you like/dislike or if your an actual hypocrite. I also apologize as well because I know I'm coming off defensive, which I always do, just look at my avatar.

To each their own... I think there's as much substance in Nolan's movies as there is in Superman. But Nolan enjoys making his villain talk a little more than Zod does in Man of Steel. Maybe that's where the confusion comes from.

Around the Network
A_C_E said:

Woah, kind of flew off the handle there.

Just to make thing clear.. I don't particularly care for Nolans hyper realistic vision of Batman, nor do I like Christian Bales take on Bruce Wayne/Bats. And fyi, that statement was mainly directed towards your average Marvel/DC blockbuster romp. :)

I saw it at midnight, Thursday, and loved every minute of it--going back tomorrow for IMAX+3D screening.

I saw it last night. It was good, but could have been better.

http://howmuchaction.blogspot.com tells you how much action is in movies.

Saw it 2 days ago ( am on hols in bali and it started here thurs 13th which I didn't expect...was waiting for this movie as supes is one of my fave heroes and planned to see fri...they don't go out of their way to advertise upcoming films here. Still it doesn't start til 27th in australia so I'm happy to have seen it)...
I was a bit worried over some negative reviews and the fact that I haven't really enjoyed any zack Snyder movies thus far , though I've always felt he had potential, but I gotta say it was pretty damn good. Not perfect, but pretty damn good, which is a lot better than I expected.
People will probably prefer iron man 3 or the avengers cos of all that knee slapping gosh darn hilarious wise ass humour, but MOS was, to me, a better film. I hold the Nolan batman films in high regard, and MOS didn't outdo 'em but came a lot closer than I thought possible.

My 13yo just watched it.
His 3rd favorite so far this summer - behind Iron Man 3 and Star Trek.
So I will skip this one.