By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Who is going to see Man of Steel 2marrow?- No one is hyped for Superman? Ride the Word of mouth wave to a billion in sales ( prediction)

Rate it

5-10 34 77.27%

0-4 4 9.09%

0th3r 90st b3l0w 5 11.36%

Total:43

I went to watch this with my brother a few hours ago and I have to agree.. it is one of the best, if not THE best superhero movie I've ever seen. I went in with low expectations and came out with a huge unexpected smile across my face when it all finished.

The acting, the music, the screenplay, the cinematography and the absolutely mesmerizing action scenes.. all of it. Man of Steel for me, is the perfect superhero movie.

Around the Network

I don't want to see this regardless of quality because it'll encourage the proliferation of superhero movies upcoming.

I mean, two more Avengers phases of 3+ films each, plus more films in the individual hero series, plus spinoffs, and that's only the Marvel side.

And as amazing as superhero movies of the Avengers School can be as light entertainment r graphical spectacle, they're all shallow as hell and have zero rewatch value. It means the wanton expansion of budgets and CGI and literal actor hero-worship and the worst of female love interest portrayal.

I'm making the 75 mile journey with a few friends tomorrow to see it in Imax, hope it's as good as you guys say!

Soleron said:
I don't want to see this regardless of quality because it'll encourage the proliferation of superhero movies upcoming.

I mean, two more Avengers phases of 3+ films each, plus more films in the individual hero series, plus spinoffs, and that's only the Marvel side.

And as amazing as superhero movies of the Avengers School can be as light entertainment r graphical spectacle, they're all shallow as hell and have zero rewatch value. It means the wanton expansion of budgets and CGI and literal actor hero-worship and the worst of female love interest portrayal.

To be fair I didn't really like the Avengers movie either. Or more of the recent superhero movies from DC/Marvel universe. They usually have that sterile Hollywood treatment to them where its all flashy special effects and offer no real substance behind the characters they portray. With each origional material being shat upon and becomes a horribly adapted mess when comes to the big screen - especially when you compare the films with the the comics or animated films/series.

But this movie is nothing of the sort, after watching so many overrated Nolan Batman films, Marvel's Avengers (that include individual movies for each of the characters) this one is a breath of fresh air. I'd definelty reccomend it, especially if you're a fan of Supes. It's a film that finally does him justice.

This movie was dark, intense and badass. Don't know what more to say

Around the Network

double post

hinch said:
Soleron said:

To be fair I didn't really like the Avengers movie either. Or more of the recent superhero movies from DC/Marvel universe. They usually have that sterile Hollywood treatment to them where its all flashy special effects and offer no real substance behind the characters they portray. With each origional material being shat upon and becomes a horribly adapted mess when comes to the big screen - especially when you compare the films with the the comics or animated films/series.

But this movie is nothing of the sort, after watching so many overrated Nolan Batman films, Marvel's Avengers (that include individual movies for each of the characters) this one is a breath of fresh air. I'd definelty reccomend it, especially if you're a fan of Supes. It's a film that finally does him justice.

What???????........

dsage01 said:

What???????........

I don't personally don't rate them. Batman Begins was pretty good but the others I couldn't find myself rewatching, like ever.

*runs away from fans of his Batman films*

I dont know why we have to wait a month to see this movie. I mean we got avengers a week before anyone else.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

hinch said:
dsage01 said:

What???????........

I don't personally don't rate them. Batman Begins was pretty good but the others I couldn't find myself rewatching, like ever.

*runs away from fans of his Batman films*

You can run...but you can't hide!