By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: "You can have 6 consoles, with 6 games being played by 6 people

crissindahouse said:

what is so confusing? if you have some games, your friends or whoever can play them from their xbox if they are in your to 10 people limited xbox family group.

they can do that all at the same time but it has to be different games.

if you have all your  friends living in the same street, the old model is probably better for you. if you aren't 15 anymore and a lot of your friends and family members live anywhere else in your country (or if you want to put some vgc guys in your list), the new system sounds at least for game sharing between some people you know not that bad.

as example, if someone would like to have me in his family list and it would already work this gen, he could play around 100 retail games i have here at home.

this will obviously only work as long as the person owns the game. you can't play the games someone had once but sold already lol. it will probably also not work with arcade games and dlc for the games.

like i already said a week or so ago, in my case it is a really great option for the people i will put in my list since my brothers live over 500k away and most of my friends live also in different cities because of the job and because i moved to where i live now. 

So what exactly is stopping us from oiling ourselves with peanut butter and jump for joy, because this is the best policy ever invented?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
Adinnieken said:
artur-fernand said:
I swear to god I have no idea how this "share system" works. It's so complicated to understand, and it doesn't help that Microsoft is unable to explain EXACTLY how it is

Like this:

Primary & Secondary Consoles:

Any console you have logged in is a secondary console.  The console you're currently logged into is your primary console.

Anyone who has signed into one of the same primary or secondary consoles has complete access to your games library.  They can play the game at the same time you can play the game.  They have access to your DLC.

Family Group:

Any person you set as a "Family" group member has access to your games library and DLC.  However, if another "Family" group member is playing the game, they will be restricted from playing it.

Scenarios:

You and your best friend regularly play on each other's Xbox One console.  His library is available to you, and your library is available to him.  The caveat is if he's playing a game off your games library or you're playing one off his, the console will have to check in every hour.  When you access someone else's game's library (their secondary console) your console must phone home.

You have a friend you play frequently enough online and you add that person to your Family group.  That person can access any game in your game library that isn't currently being played by anyone else in the Family group.  So if you have 10 Family group members and nine games in your game library, the 10th member of your Family group won't be able to play any of your games.

To continue with the above scenario.  If you have one console in your primary residence, and you are signed in and playing one of your 9 games, 9 of your "Family" group members can also play one of your nine games.

To continue with the above scenario again.  If you have three consoles in your house, one you and three others are playing on, and the other two with 8 other people signed-in and playing the same game, the 9 Family group members can keep playing their game.

What cannot happen is no two Family group members can play the same game from your games library.

Recap: 

Primary console - The console you are currently logged into.  Only phones home once, every 24 hours.

Secondary console - A console that you have previously logged into.  Phones home every hour if it is accessing your games library.

Any person signed into a secondary console or into your primary console at the same time as you, can access your games library.

Family group members - Can access any of your games, however no two family group members can access the same game at the same time.

That's not an unneccessary and confusing proccess at all.

*SARCASM

Take 30 seconds to process this information and understand it, and you and your friends can share games, without swapping discs or buying multiple copies.

Or look for a reason to complain.

kowenicki said:

Do all these people (I believe you mention 1m) who share your physical games live in the same house as you? 

Because they effectively do under this method.

Stop trying to make this cloud share the same as lending a physical disk... it just isnt and to say it is is rather silly.

My brother lives 200 miles away from me, from now on we wont be buying the same games, we will share games. I just saved myself a ton of money.

Now... I will also include a few of my friends.  More money saved.  How is this bad in any way?

Microsoft did it, and everyone's already on the "hate Microsoft, everything they do is anti-consumer" bandwagon. This policy is more than enough, on it's own, to counterbalance all of the system's downsides are bad.

Now the 1 hour checkin makes sense - it's a 1 hour checkin only if you're playing a game you haven't even bought, and are being allowed to play for free.

starcraft said:
DirtyP2002 said:
So I bought my XBox One with Ryse and Quantum Break.
A "family member" bought Forza and CoD Ghosts.

Can I play "his" Forza while he is playing "my" Ryse?
That is all I have to know.

Sorry, I meant YES, yes you can.

As to the rest of it, as one poster mentioned Superchunk is seeing the same information as the rest of us and interpreting it differently.

So far we have one MS source saying definitively that you can play your physical copy of the game whilst one of the 10 people you share with also plays the same game.  All after purchasing one copy between you.  But, Superchunk is correct in pointing out that other MS sources use wording that could go either way.

As such, just as Sony uses ambiguous wording that implies its quite possible DRM will be equivelant for third parties to the Xbox ONE system, Microsoft has used ambiguous wording here, and we'll have to wait and see.

But your scenario is definitely accurate, and you do not need to be online for it to work.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

artur-fernand said:

That's not an unneccessary and confusing proccess at all.

*SARCASM

To some, Maths is confusing. 

Around the Network

I really think this will be a great way for people to demo a game too, not just the little BS demos we get now but the actual game. I know that if I were to play a game from one of my friend's library and I really liked it, I'd just buy the shit. I wouldn't want to get into situations where someone else on his list was playing it when I wanted to. That is of course if this works how I understand it to.

For the record, I was buying a couple of XB1s anyway, even without this feature so I'm not all stoked and bragging about it. It would just be a nice little bonus for me so of course I want it to work how I think it will.

It's also funny to see so many people trying to explain it, LOL.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

This is a comedy. So confusing and everyone is trying to promote their own interpretation.

Would have been great to have done this with Skyrim or Arkham City. Could have saved myself a few quid.

What they are saying is that two people can not play the same game at the same time. Simple as that. They are just wording it awkwardly.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

This is a great feature to the policy...

It has already begun....everyones friends competing to be on the "family share" of that guy you know who has the money to buy almost every Xbox One game. Better start buttering those guys up now to add u! :)