By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: "You can have 6 consoles, with 6 games being played by 6 people

Nsanity said:

Saw this over on NeoGaf

Either the support guy is a dumbass or he is dumbass making fun of an actual dumbass.

Do you realize that what he said was basically that if you each people with a console and a game on it, can play at the same time. DUH it's what we all do today, wtf is that answer

Around the Network
blublibla said:
Nsanity said:

Saw this over on NeoGaf

Either the support guy is a dumbass or he is dumbass making fun of an actual dumbass.

Do you realize that what he said was basically that if you each people with a console and a game on it, can play at the same time. DUH it's what we all do today, wtf is that answer

Uh.. no.

I find it funny that some of the posters here seem to be doing a better job of advertising the benefits of this feature than MS' own support and PR group.

So you can share your game with 10 people anywhere but only 1-2 people are allowed to play the same game concurrently dependent on the games features (I guess?). So the major advantage is to do with not having to physically transport a disc to share it.

It seems to me the people from MS commenting on this are explaining it fine, we gamers are just making it confusing by muddling it up with doubts and hypotheticals. They have explained it simply.

10 people per share group.
Library owner can access his copy any time, share members can access a shared copy one at a time. Even the game the library owner is currently playing.
Multiple people can access one persons library at the same time.

This is what they have said. Seems simple enough, until people start questioning it and putting on their own spin. We'll just see how much of it is true and what kind of restrictions there actually are.

How is this so hard to understand. Ultimately its amazing.

better than used games and trade ins.

1. Each of you and your 3 friends each purchase a different game at launch. All of you link as a family and then each of you can play any 1 of the 4 games that family library has. At anytime, at the same time as each other from different locations and consoles.

2. I 100% take this over the current used game and trade in schemes. Its far more impressive and allows you to play games you might not be able to afford even at trade in prices.

3. Publishers could still choose to make the people who didn't purchase pay a fee to access online even in a family. Due to different gamer tag and endless value.

this is fantastic news.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
It seems to me the people from MS commenting on this are explaining it fine, we gamers are just making it confusing by muddling it up with doubts and hypotheticals. They have explained it simply.

Library owner can access his copy any time, share members can access a shared copy one at a time. Even the game the library owner is currently playing.

This is what they have said. Seems simple enough, until people start questioning it and putting on their own spin. We'll just see how much of it is true and what kind of restrictions there actually are.

If it were as simple as you state, and there isn't any more to this then what we have been told, then MajorNelson wouldn't be writing up a blog post further going into detail about the Family Share features...

So for my sanity, as well as others, why don't you, and everyone else hyping this up like crazy, please and kindly just wait until we get all the details before proclaiming this to be the second coming of Jesus. 

Necromunda said:
J_Allard said:

If it were as simple as you state, and there isn't any more to this then what we have been told, then MajorNelson wouldn't be writing up a blog post further going into detail about the Family Share features...

So for my sanity, as well as others, why don't you, and everyone else hyping this up like crazy, please and kindly just wait until we get all the details before proclaiming this to be the second coming of Jesus. 

LOL its like you didnt even read the post you quoted.

that twitter account (@XboxSupport2) is from microsoft? Why
it is not verified as @XboxSupport ?

jamal1996 said:

If you go to the verified XboxSupport account and look on the left, it shows that there are "overflow accounts" going all the way up to XboxSupport12.

J_Allard said:
jamal1996 said:

If you go to the verified XboxSupport account and look on the left, it shows that there are "overflow accounts" going all the way up to XboxSupport12.

Um, what? That literally made no sense.