By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most uncomfortable controller you've ever used?

original nes controller by far

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Dreamcast controller. directional pad is absolutely horrid for fighters.. I'd rather use a 360 controller, which isn't saying much, because the 360 controller does have influence from the Dreamcast controller..

But, the dreamcast didn't have a trigger and a bumper, so it meant you had to use both triggers, and a crappy D-Pad as well as the 4 face buttons... But, fighters on dreamcast should always have been played with a fight stick anyway.. Oh well.

SIX-AXIS controller on PS3 was horrible. Way too light.

Either the original Xbox controller (waaaaay too big), or the Dreamcast controller. Something always felt off about it to me.

The Sega Genesis controller.

Mostly because the d-pad could give you blisters and the buttons had to pressed hard after a lot of use.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Diablos1979 said:
N64 controller without a doubt. The one who came up with that design was smoking some weird things for sure..
Also lets not forget the Jaguar 64 controller, just plain awful.. like the console itself.

You mean this?

Yeah, thats the one. A friend of mine actually bought a Jaguar 64... The controller suited the console perfectly, in the way that everything about it was awful.
A brick with buttons would probably play more comfortable.

Collecting free bitcoin @ https://freebitco.in/?r=5970871

The Gamecube. I played PSO to death on that. The way the buttons were set up and the way I played it, made me press the Z button in weird ways. Made my fingers go in ways they probably shouldn't be going. Always ended up with cramps after game sessions.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Definitely the Nintendo 64 one. I've tried playing Turok and Quake 2 at the time on it and it felt worse than playing Bugs Bunny Lost in time on the original PlayStation controller. I mean that game on the PS gave me sore thumbs for weeks, but the N64 just completely broke my spirit at the time.

wfz said:
The PS controller (all iterations).

It's just too tiny and i dislike the analog positioning. Buttons don't feel as good as other controllers (both face and shoulder buttons).

This is not counting any third party controllers, since all third party controllers for all consoles feel weird as shit.

Then you must have had problems with the Gamecube controller. That one was even more "cramped" in one's hands.