By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBONE this is BIG! Pillaged from NeoGaf

slowmo said:
So if this turns out to be true you are all going to give credit for the amazing feature it is, yes? You're all saying its too good to be true, so its going to be nice to read all your praise.

Good luck with that.

I already think it's awesome if I can share with just one friend. What I would really like is if more than two people in a houshold can play at once on different consoles.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

LOL

Not sure if posted already

This will be nice.

fillet said:
Darth Tigris said:
Yeah, mods, this thread is a PERFECT example of a clear positive thing for gamers about the Xbox One and the usual Sony trolls are RUINING it by trying to make it a negative. So we really have to send a list of all of these instances in a email before anything is done? Because that's a lot of work when these same individuals do it CONSTANTLY on the site.

Yup.

I'm not going to post here anymore for the time being because of the new "XBONE" posting.

People need to be dealt with now before we go back to the old days of slagging MS off in every other thread with little basis and no interesting discussion at all and simply done by loser fanboys..

I just came back from holiday in Ibiza and logged on a couple of times when there to check what happened at E3 on a phone and the thread titles are just sad.

Talking on topic though, it's downright hilarious that the same people who hate the idea of used games sales because the pblisher won't get any extra money from each sale suddenly change their tune when things like this crop up.

This place is going to be N4G before we know it if action isn't taken right now. That is not a site I go for informed and sensible discussion.

Oh please, find me a place on the Internet where Microsoft isn't being bashed constantly right now. Some people are just thinking this one through without coming to hasty conclusions as there's just no way it works the way our greedy minds want it to, but "OMG your logic, it hurst me!".

And you can see why they want a internet connection. they can track where you log, the same policy as mmo does, you cant share account from long distance, or you'll be ban.

tricky bastard.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
My understanding is this:

You can have ten people on your gaming list.

A disk owner can play a game at any time under any conditions (likely with or without the disk in the drive). At the same time, one member of their ten person list can ALSO be playing that game.

THAT is pretty awesome. In a nutshell, to all play at once you would need to purchase one game between two, which instantly halves the cost of all games this generation, which more than compensates for having to connect once a day to the internet.

@bolded,

Maybe for you, yes.

For me, no. Nothing can compensate for such a feature.

SvennoJ said:

I doubt it. Assuming DLC can't be shared, why would you buy DLC for an essentially borrowed game.
I can see how it might get you addicted to a multiplayer game, so you might buy it yourself plus DLC to play together. But it will be detrimental to single player games, the Mass Effects, Tom Raiders, Bioshocks. Play the single player campaign from a shared copy and move on to the next game. Another nail in the coffin for single player, all according to plan, online connected ecosystems is what MS is after.

But the way they imply it it sounds like as long as the initail buyer still owns the game and you are a part of his Gamer tag family you will have access to any game that the library owner has...and one game can be played simultaniously my the master gamertag and a family list gamertag on a different console..if it really turns out this way..then Xbox One has an advantage over disc based gaming...

slowmo said:

Carry on downplaying guys, glad to know hypocrisy is alive and well. Sony made a statement about DRM and you all took it at face value. Several statements from Microsoft about this and they must be lying or withholding information. Yeah you don't look a little silly with that behaviour at all.

This...Between the ones of you calling it PR BS and the others claiming it's a lie...so like slomo said carry on downplayers

Euphoria14 said:

Okay, after reading different explanations from different people I came to one conclusion on how this works, if we are to trust what the support team said.

1. Gamer buys an XBox One.
  2. Gamer adds (10) people to his/her Family Group. This is called "Family Group" because it is looked at as how gaming functions within (1) household.
  3. These (10) people gain access to Gamer's entire library. However, they can't just play whatever they want, whenever they want. 
  4. When Gamer is playing a title (1) member of Gamer's Family Group can join in and play along with them. This is where the (1) at a time limit comes into play.
  5. If Gamer is playing no games the members of his/her Family Group are unable to play any of Gamer's games.
Out of the (2) scenarios I posted I believe this one to be the most realistic.

1.Ok gamer buys an Xbox One

2. OK Gamer adds (10) people to his/her Family Group. This is called "Family Group" because it is looked at as how gaming functions within (1) household.

3. ok These (10) people gain access to Gamer's entire library. However, they can't just play whatever they want, whenever they want.

4.Ok When Gamer is playing a title (1) member of Gamer's Family Group can join in and play along with them.This is where the (1) at a time limit comes into play.

5.WRONG MS olready confirmed that you don't have to be logged on to your gamer tag so that your family can access your games

I think the concept is interesting, but it's going to be abused to hell and hurt developers a lot. You can tell this decision was not made to stop used games, as this system does nothing but encourage it. The used game portion was just an unfortunate target along the path to get rid of physical discs.

Problem is for me is that even though as nice as this is. They still have licensing meaning I don't own any of my games, the internet crap is still in place, and I don't have 10 friends to share shit with anyways.

I still lose.