By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBONE this is BIG! Pillaged from NeoGaf

The guys that said that only one person can play the game at time in shared family library are right.

Major Nelson confirmed... no simultaneous play.

If you play then your family can't play... if one of your family are playing then you can't play.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

The guys that said that only one person can play the game at time in shared family library are right.

Major Nelson confirmed... no simultaneous play.

If you play then your family can't play... if one of your family are playing then you can't play.

Wich brings the question if the game owner can "kick" someone playing out to play his game or if its first come first served, if its the second I can see a hwo that could end a familly rather than creating one lol. Ppl putting theyre alarm clocks to 5 AM so they can play Watch Dogs before anyone else get a chance and never turning the videogame off so that they dont loose the right to play the game hehe.

DakonBlackblade said:
Multimedialover said:
Lol at some still not getting this or trying to twist it. And lol at drm fears. Xbox one sounds truly amazing. On all fronts now.

10 people can play from the library at the same time, but cannot be the same title. So games like multiplayer halo will require multiple copies for online play.

think of it as giving your disc to a mate. You can no longer play that game because you gave over your disc. Same as only 1 person can play said game in list at a time.

this will stop not only used games but piracy to. All in all devs Nd publishers will make more money than last gen. I expect sales to be a bit higher of games next gen. Because the pirates will love this feature and buy some games now. As well as used sale traders buying games to. The balance out between less buyers and more buyers will balance.

also this doesn't just apply to download only titles. Disc titles are installed to hdd. Where they will still be verified every 24 hours. You don't need the disc into play as you can switch between games instantly which obviously wouldn't work if you had to get up and change the disc.

this is a great day to be a gamer

Devs selling only 1 game when they could be selling 10 wont help them at all. Again this has been said 700 times, PS3 had a feature that basicaly allowed 5 ppl to share a game and the devs made so much pressure Sony reduced it to 2, MS is trying to pull 10 off and not piss off the devs ? Instead of selling 6 mil copys a game will sell 600000 thats a hughe freaking loss, no used games market si able to cut a games sale by 10 realy.

Also the linked "explanation"isnt oficial, so it can be totaly bogus, and alot of stuf are unclear like for instance I own Forza, I turn my Xbox on the morning and "my friend Bob"is playing my Forza and I go fck it, I want to play my Forza right now and I log in my account and kick Bob out ? Do I get locked out of my game ? Can Bob even play if my Xbox is turned off ? What if I travel and my Xbox hasnt mailled home for a week did I just screw my entire "family"? the thing is so nebulous and not well explained right now that almost all the amjor gamming websites have just said this thing exists and not even triedto explain the heck it is.

And if this feature was this freaking great MS would be shouting all over the place about it, E3 is gone it was the perfect time to reveal this, maybe it is something that allows for 10 ppl to share gaems and only pay 1/10th the game each but even so they lost the best oportunity to be ehard and now the negativity against them is enormous and ppl might not even listen anymore. Not too sure what Ms is playing at here.

It does not work like the playstation 3 where your sharing has to be done by login in you PSN ID...

Zizzla_Rachet said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Multimedialover said:
Lol at some still not getting this or trying to twist it. And lol at drm fears. Xbox one sounds truly amazing. On all fronts now.

10 people can play from the library at the same time, but cannot be the same title. So games like multiplayer halo will require multiple copies for online play.

think of it as giving your disc to a mate. You can no longer play that game because you gave over your disc. Same as only 1 person can play said game in list at a time.

this will stop not only used games but piracy to. All in all devs Nd publishers will make more money than last gen. I expect sales to be a bit higher of games next gen. Because the pirates will love this feature and buy some games now. As well as used sale traders buying games to. The balance out between less buyers and more buyers will balance.

also this doesn't just apply to download only titles. Disc titles are installed to hdd. Where they will still be verified every 24 hours. You don't need the disc into play as you can switch between games instantly which obviously wouldn't work if you had to get up and change the disc.

this is a great day to be a gamer

Devs selling only 1 game when they could be selling 10 wont help them at all. Again this has been said 700 times, PS3 had a feature that basicaly allowed 5 ppl to share a game and the devs made so much pressure Sony reduced it to 2, MS is trying to pull 10 off and not piss off the devs ? Instead of selling 6 mil copys a game will sell 600000 thats a hughe freaking loss, no used games market si able to cut a games sale by 10 realy.

Also the linked "explanation"isnt oficial, so it can be totaly bogus, and alot of stuf are unclear like for instance I own Forza, I turn my Xbox on the morning and "my friend Bob"is playing my Forza and I go fck it, I want to play my Forza right now and I log in my account and kick Bob out ? Do I get locked out of my game ? Can Bob even play if my Xbox is turned off ? What if I travel and my Xbox hasnt mailled home for a week did I just screw my entire "family"? the thing is so nebulous and not well explained right now that almost all the amjor gamming websites have just said this thing exists and not even triedto explain the heck it is.

And if this feature was this freaking great MS would be shouting all over the place about it, E3 is gone it was the perfect time to reveal this, maybe it is something that allows for 10 ppl to share gaems and only pay 1/10th the game each but even so they lost the best oportunity to be ehard and now the negativity against them is enormous and ppl might not even listen anymore. Not too sure what Ms is playing at here.

It does not work like the playstation 3 where your sharing has to be done by login in you PSN ID...

I am curious to why you think this makes a difference? If anything Family sharing sounds easier and more accessible according to the picture posted above, which is awesome by the way.

Crazy stuff, so, 1 million games equal 2 million players? Or the 10 family members at the same time? Like, 1 million games to 10 million players?
That would destroy Call of Duty sales, but very cool for gamers.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Jereel Hunter said:

Sony COULD. Have they yet?

Depending on how this works, yes. They have. My friend has been bumming games off of me for years now.

Granted, I can't share with ten friends. But I could share with another friend (or from this one, if the cheap fuck ever bought a game).

Lucky you... I don't have any friends that own Nintendo systems...  Last friend I knew that owned a Wii just homebrewed it and pirated the shit out of it...  He is one cheap bastard though.  I am the only legit Nintendo fan I know.  When I talk in public I must state that I game on PC also sometimes just to not look like a lame Nintendo fan....  Actually fuck it.  I don't care what anyone thinks... I love Nintendo and if anyone thinks I am lame because of it then they can suck it.

WagnerPaiva said:
Crazy stuff, so, 1 million games equal 2 million players? Or the 10 family members at the same time? Like, 1 million games to 10 million players?
That would destroy Call of Duty sales, but very cool for gamers.

This isnt a great feature for gamers, this is terrible for gamers cause this would make devs loose so much money theyd all go out of business or opt out of the feature (as I believe they can do it). This canot realy work like ppl are thinking it works, buy 1 game and have 10 diferent ppl playing it (ye one at a time but you could have Xbox family members in diferent timezones than yours and them things could work realy well for you all).

The fact that ppl cant play i simultaneoulsy does limit it somewhat, the PS3 "sharing"sytem allowed for everyone sharing to play simultaneously, still I dont see how devs would let this stick.

My interpretation was somewhat correct. Only one person in that 10 person group can "check out" the game at a time, but you still have access to it.

I am the Playstation Avenger.