By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Will Have Multiple Direct Sequels

Multiple sequels? Good bad? Not enough? Too many?

1 Sequel would be fine 15 10.42%

2 Sequels would be fine 15 10.42%

3 Sequels would be fine 5 3.47%

4 Sequels would be fine 1 0.69%

5 Sequels would be fine 0 0%

6 Sequels would be fine 12 8.33%

6? You're insane! 1 0.69%

NO MORE SEQUELS! 89 61.81%

See 6 4.17%

Total:144
007BondAgent said:
ironmanDX said:
007BondAgent said:

no one is drawing any line, i'm just saying this topic doesn't belong here.

Plus, you cant stop the hate microsoft is currently receiving, it's all over the internet right now, you will obviously have to live with it

It's best to ignore it

It's best to ignore it.

huh... lol

Take your own advice was the message. Lol!

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
007BondAgent said:
ironmanDX said:
007BondAgent said:

Plus, you cant stop the hate microsoft is currently receiving, it's all over the internet right now, you will obviously have to live with it

It's best to ignore it

It's best to ignore it.

huh... lol

Take your own advice was the message. Lol!

lol haha.. got it :P

Panama said:
ironmanDX said:
Panama said:

Shh, no tears, only dreams now.

Probably just me, but a poor sequel or spinoff would never worsen my opinion of the predecessor. Seems illogical.

What? I'll inbox you. I've somehow forgotten how to do the spoiler cover thing.

Don't worry, no need to do that as I got the 100% ending to FFX-2. I'm just saying a sequel can be as bad as it wants, but it won't sour my opinion of the prior game.

I just feel that ending made the first game somewhat redundant. I mean, what was the point of him uhh... swimming back up? In my opinion, it's what made the game unique! When does something like that happen in games? Not as much as the predictable alternative, that's for sure!

Wow, Square Enix. This groundbreaking. I never thought they would try to milk this game, too!

lol everyone is only angry because of what FF13 was. guys KH may be coming to an end with 3. Nomura may turn this into his next main project

Around the Network

I'm torn. Final Fantasy, as a series, is my all-time favourite, but I wasn't thrilled with FFXIII, so the fact they've managed to make TWO more full games while I've been sitting around waiting for them to release Versus and redeem themselves has irked me.

It's all about the game.

My hype went down a little.

But still cautiously optimistic.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

dammit Square: not every title can turn out like VII, have you seen what you've done with XIII?

Otakumegane said:
My hype went down a little.

But still cautiously optimistic.

That pretty much describes my thoughts/position.

I really don't mind direct sequels, particularly as long as each game is its own identity and can be played with little or no knowledge from the others. Cost of development is increasing significantly with this generation, and recouping their initial losses with several games is one logical way to do this.

The other, of course, would be to licence their absolutely gorgeous engines out. But we're never going to see that.

Some synergy, though, would be nice. A discount on preordering sequels if you own the game before it, or all the soundtracks on iTunes if you own the whole set, stuff like that.