By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Calm down, MS policies are not that bad.

theprof00 said:
tres said:

see thats where you are wrong if publisher a has something you dont like you boycott the entire publisher's catalog.  other than that it's half assed nit-picking

Why boycott the whole catalog. I don't want to destroy them, I want them to learn a lesson. If we don't buy ANYTHING from them, they're just going to think that their games aren't that good anymore, and possibly change them. If they make a good game and there's no drm, I'll buy it. That way, when they look at the charts and see one game with drm underperforming, and the other without drm performing well, they might just rethink their strategies.

A lot of companies are going to learn hard lessons this generation. People aren't going to stand for this anymore. It's going way beyond drm.

or theyll just think the game without drm was better than the game with drm

Around the Network

@DJEVOLVE, I agree with everything.

You should ignore these doom threads and all the Sony loyalists bashing and flaming... They are just pathetic lately :)

Between you and I (or all the people waiting for the Xbox One), Microsoft clearly showed how they care about the games at E3; it was about games and core gamers... I mean, Sony "best" games during their show  were "multiplatform", ouch... 

Now, the DRM things is just a Sony fan problem and I think it is fair to let them continue to bash this again and again if it makes them feel better :) (remember these threads about Xbox Live?

EXACT same thing and they keep coming and trying to tell you what YOU SHOULD accept or not .
Quoting Turkish for instance : The feeling alone that I need to check in with MS every 24h to play my 60 euro game is putting me off, and so should it you.
Seriously, how many time the Sony loyalists told us what we must accept or not in the past few years?

Xbox One is going to be a huge success and we will have a lot of fun with it.

Lets enjoy it when it comes out :)

tres said:
theprof00 said:

And preowned values on those games dived. I can sell a normal game for usually 30-40, but a game with an online pass usually goes for 15$ cheaper. That is not however the case for the MS DRM.

Of course, online pass games (used) at gamestop are generally more expensive, because gamestop wants its cut. It is only the ebayers who lose out.

If we want companies not to use DRM tactics, we should not buy those games, until they learn. We cannot boycott individual titles on the xb1 however, because it is the console which provides the drm. In which case, should we boycott the console?

(I do not buy online pass games. I refuse....and I also do not buy used games. Treat me like a customer, not a wallet, or a theif, and I'll pay your prices, usually on day 1. That is my philosophy)

Boycott anti-consumer tactics, support quality programming. Vote with your wallet.

see thats where you are wrong if publisher a has something you dont like you boycott the entire publisher's catalog.  other than that it's half assed nit-picking

Ummm, no.  I'll buy the PS4 version of a multiplatform game to protest against DRM by buying the non-DRM version of a game.  Or does it pains you to see a Sony console version of a game outselling a Microsoft console version?

LivingMetal said:
tres said:
theprof00 said:

And preowned values on those games dived. I can sell a normal game for usually 30-40, but a game with an online pass usually goes for 15$ cheaper. That is not however the case for the MS DRM.

Of course, online pass games (used) at gamestop are generally more expensive, because gamestop wants its cut. It is only the ebayers who lose out.

If we want companies not to use DRM tactics, we should not buy those games, until they learn. We cannot boycott individual titles on the xb1 however, because it is the console which provides the drm. In which case, should we boycott the console?

(I do not buy online pass games. I refuse....and I also do not buy used games. Treat me like a customer, not a wallet, or a theif, and I'll pay your prices, usually on day 1. That is my philosophy)

Boycott anti-consumer tactics, support quality programming. Vote with your wallet.

Ummm, no.  I'll buy the PS4 version of a multiplatform game to protest against DRM by buying the non-DRM version of a game.  Or does it pains you to see a Sony console version of a game outselling a Microsoft console version?

lmao.  my life doesnt revovle around a console.  as for whose on top it adds no value to my life does it?  and why would it pains me to see a console on top that i will also have?  makes no sense right?  so troll yourself back under a bridge

Moderated - Kresnik

Only if they could get it almost at the same price of PS4 or cheaper. With Kinect being bundled, the X1 might never be the same price or cheaper than the PS4. Lets see how things turn out.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
tres said:
LivingMetal said:

lmao.  my life doesnt revovle around a console.  as for whose on top it adds no value to my life does it?  and why would it pains me to see a console on top that i will also have?  makes no sense right?  so troll yourself back under a bridge

Apparently your life revloves it enough to keep harping on certian points while disrespecting those who have different and more importantly reasonable assesments.  Makes no sense right?  I didn't think you'd understand as long as it doesn't fall into your paradigm.

Euphoria14 said:
ironmanDX said:

I meant the PS3. You can't say one DRM is bad while one is good, can you?

You seriously trying to compare Online passes to the DRM on the XBone?

The ps3 has more severe drms for digitally purchased games, just like any digital store.  

You own? HA

You rent until the servers go down. A $60 rental.

To me it's just like broadband only for XBL when it launched waaaaay back in November 2002. Broadband was NOT widespread throughout the world. I personally knew a lot of people still on dial-up then and for years after. But they new to move things forward, it was a necessary restriction and they took the bullets for it. In the end, we're better for it.

MS has a vision of where they see things going in the future, and that's all digital. They know the advantages, but most of us are so entrenched in how things are now that all we see is what they're taking AWAY from us. As time goes on, I'm confident they will continue to demonstrate the VALUE of their vision so we (hopefully) will focus less on the restrictions and more on the opportunities it opens up to us as gamers.

There will be those that plant their flag in the now and will argue until their gray about consumer rights, selfishly determined to let console gaming die in it's antiquity while smartphones and tablets (Steam!) thrive on the exact same DRM they say will ruin the world. That is their right. But MS (and, despite the PR play, eventually Sony too) want console gaming to survive and that will take some drastic steps into the future.

ALL digital is coming. And we'll be better for it.

Darth Tigris said:
To me it's just like broadband only for XBL when it launched waaaaay back in November 2002. Broadband was NOT widespread throughout the world. I personally knew a lot of people still on dial-up then and for years after. But they new to move things forward, it was a necessary restriction and they took the bullets for it. In the end, we're better for it.

MS has a vision of where they see things going in the future, and that's all digital. They know the advantages, but most of us are so entrenched in how things are now that all we see is what they're taking AWAY from us. As time goes on, I'm confident they will continue to demonstrate the VALUE of their vision so we (hopefully) will focus less on the restrictions and more on the opportunities it opens up to us as gamers.

There will be those that plant their flag in the now and will argue until their gray about consumer rights, selfishly determined to let console gaming die in it's antiquity while smartphones and tablets (Steam!) thrive on the exact same DRM they say will ruin the world. That is their right. But MS (and, despite the PR play, eventually Sony too) want console gaming to survive and that will take some drastic steps into the future.

ALL digital is coming. And we'll be better for it.

Exactly, times are moving on and consoles need to make that transition.  In the highly unlikely situation that this provides no benefits it is at that point all the Sony fans can point their fingers and gloat but Apple, Google and Valve have proved the DRM model works extremely well when managed correctly.  At least give Microsoft the chance to fuck it all up first, you still have Sony and Nintendo fighting the good fight for your rights if it does all blow up in Microsoft's face then.  At the moment the knee jerk over reactions are getting boring and people will come to regret it in the future I think.