By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Topics that moved the community: The UR MR GAY retrospective

One topic that was among the most heatedly discussed before SMG release was the issue of the twinkly stars and how/ whether it might influence sales.

Months have passed. SMG failed miserably in sales, especially in the US, the only known country where this could have been an issue.

Ok ok, just a joke.

Currently at 5.5 million units sold, of which 3 million came from the Americas, and, more importantly, no big headlines in the press (as far as I know), what is your retrospective view on the discussions? 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I don't think the press or whatever really know about that.

I'll miss the massive Brawl topic.

Its a great game. media failed to pick up on it, sales should be good enough to warrant another.

I never really got the UR MR GAY thing. SMG can not be stopped, I'm predicting 16 million sold for it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

a friend of mine went to the store and ask for a copy of URMRGAY, the clerk smile and gives him a copy of SMG... hilarious

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

Is this like the time the Teletubbies was taken of the air in England because the guy in the "Po" suit was gay?

@supermario128; 16 million, huh? Hmm. Sounds awfully much if you ask me.

Mummelmann said:
@supermario128; 16 million, huh? Hmm. Sounds awfully much if you ask me.
  I can tell you that it will be much higher than 7 million and if the Wii sells 100 million like everyone thinks it will then 16 million for SMG is pretty reasonable and might sell even higher.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

"New Mario game the best platformer ever and sells well."

That really isn't news anymore.

That's pretty much been the reality of every mario platformer without sunshine at the end of it.

So I can see why it wouldn't get much coverage.

URMRGAY was stupid...I never cared about it...I thought it humorous the first day, and then it got old the second day. By the second month I just ignored anybody who brought it up.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I don't remember that topic, what was it?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.