By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hipocricy of Mayimoto.

I just take this at what it is: a funny comment.

I respect Jaffe because he does make quality games that have great gameplay even though I don't like them all. As others have said he says what's on his mind. Sometimes it makes him sound like an ass, sometimes it makes him sound unprofessional, sometimes it makes him sound funny, and sometimes it makes him sound all three.

I just really think people are just making too big of a deal out of this.

Around the Network

Jaffe is a loud asshole. This is not really an insult so much at as it is a summary of his personality.

What I don't understand is why people dedicate threads to said asshole every time he opens his mouth. People are taking this non-existent rivalry too far,if it isn't Insomniac/Ratchet vs. Nintendo/Mario then it's Jaffe vs. Nintendo. Everytime.

Also, can someone explain to me how Miyamoto is a hypocrite? The gokarts don't have guns.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Damstr8 said:
Auron said:

Jaffe: You know, honestly, I've been too busy recently trying to figure out why the fuck go-karts shoot banana peels.

LOL that made me laugh,but in all seriousness why did miyamoto go to retro in the first place?

Back in Retro's Raven Blade days (Pre- MP), they had many titles in developement. One of those games was a car combat game. After Retro's manager was fired or left (don't remember)- Nintendo cancelled all of those projects and had them just focus on one game- Metroid Prime.

Mayimoto doesn't like to promote graphic violence in games. And his games obviously don't need it to survive. Some people's games need graphic violence because it's all the game has.  Inferior devs like Jaffe do.

I don´t understand :confused:

Around the Network

Like masschamber said Miyamoto's comment didn't have anything to do with Twisted Metal. More than likely the interviewer threw the comment in to sell magazine or attract attention. Many times reporters try to bait people into saying things because they know "we" love to hear and discuss it.

TheBigFatJ said:

Mayimoto doesn't like to promote graphic violence in games. And his games obviously don't need it to survive. Some people's games need graphic violence because it's all the game has. Inferior devs like Jaffe do.

Oh so then 99% of game developers are inferior because they use violence in their games? David Jaffe is a fine designer,He just has his own style as all designers do.

MANUELF said:
I don´t understand :confused:

well miyamoto didnt like the idea of guns in cars and then jaffe defended it with his statement

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I COPIED THIS FROM WIKIPEDIA:

Games developed by Retro Studios

Canceled Projects
In Retro’s early days, they had several cancelled projects for the Nintendo GameCube.

Action Adventure
Car Combat (Thunder Rally)
NFL Retro Football
Raven Blade

Nintendo GameCube
Metroid Prime (2002)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004)

Nintendo DS
Metroid Prime Hunters (2006) (involved with art direction and general supervision, though actual development took place at NST)
Untitled/Unknown Retro Studios Game (TBA)

Wii
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (2007)

Jaffe's reply makes sense, he's basically saying that Miyamoto's games also have things in them that don't make any sense and are just there for gameplay value so he should be the last person questioning such things in other peoples' games.

I mean why an Italian plumber? Why turtle soldiers? Why was the princess named Princess Toadstool and then later called Princess Peach? Why mushrooms as powerups?

In the interview it's obvious that Jaffe is being baited but that's no excuse to put him down for replying with an answer that actually is pretty valid given the question.