By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hipocricy of Mayimoto.

Edit: It should be Miyamoto but can't edit titles....

Sorry if already posted.

Disclaimer: I love Mario Kart and dislike twisted metal but this ammused me.

Apparently when Miyamoto first went to Retro Studios, they were making a car combat game, he said, "Why would you make that? Why would you put a gun on a car?" And they stopped development on the game. So maybe you should answer that question. Why would you put a gun on a car?

Jaffe: You know, honestly, I've been too busy recently trying to figure out why the fuck go-karts shoot banana peels.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/interview-david.html

Around the Network

I..... Don't understand....

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

I don't quite understand it. ... Except that maybe there is a difference between violence (gun on a car) and comic mayhem (karts shooting bannana peels). Which means the title of the thread is a bit, shall we say, off.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Auron said:

Jaffe: You know, honestly, I've been too busy recently trying to figure out why the fuck go-karts shoot banana peels.

LOL that made me laugh,but in all seriousness why did miyamoto go to retro in the first place?

lolz, I found Jaffe's comment hilarious.

Around the Network

This is SO funny!

lol

Anyways I have never like Mario Kart

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

well what game were they making that had guns in it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

>well what game were they making that had guns in it

Twisted Metal

LOL, that's why I love Jaffe, the guy puts his heart on his sleeves, and he can also back it up with solid games.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Why would Go Carts shoot Banna Peels?

Ever see a little cartoon called "Wacky Racers?"

It was basically Mario Kart but with Hanna Barbera characters.

Someone should make a Wacky Racers game actually.  

maybe Miyamoto saw the game, it sucked and in his polite Japanese way he said what he thought of it - indirectly. Everyone understood, the game got cancelled. Except for Jaffe.

on the other hand, that was a pretty sweet reply he made there.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.