By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Pre-Order Product Information

ethomaz said:
Arcturus said:
What is the reasoning for limiting Xbox One Live support to only a few countries?

Production issues? Or network infrastructure?

At least Brazil was listed because how we will import a console

Microsoft manufactures consoles there.  That's part of the reason why.

Around the Network

UnknownFact said:

That is false.

Unless they deliberately block IP, which would be stupid.

Are you telling me they will block based on IP address!?

I think they will block per account... you will need to use a fake address to play your games.

Adinnieken said:

Microsoft manufactures consoles there.  That's part of the reason why.

Yeap but imported is cheaper and most people here do that .

UnknownFact said:
Somini said:
We're lucky it's not too late, but if you live in a country that isn't one of the 21 countries where the Xbox One will first launch, you better wait with your purchase/preorder as the console won't work outside of those mentioned countries.

That is false.

• Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

See that part? You country has to have Xbox Live. Your console can't do the once per 24 hours verification if there is no Xbox Live in your country yet.

so how does this compare to the 360 launch?

Around the Network
Somini said:
UnknownFact said:
Somini said:
We're lucky it's not too late, but if you live in a country that isn't one of the 21 countries where the Xbox One will first launch, you better wait with your purchase/preorder as the console won't work outside of those mentioned countries.

That is false.

• Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

See that part? You country has to have Xbox Live. Your console can't do the once per 24 hours verification if there is no Xbox Live in your country yet.

Which means that they will block based on IP address... wow, that's a first. I've never encountered that ever before :O

Well yeah, but only in Japanese stuff.

Thanks.

Somini said:
maximrace said:
Somini

Oh and it seems due to the online DRM, the console is now "country locked" instead of region locked. Interesting development. If Movies do this in the future, i won't be able to buy stuff cheaper through the likes of Amazon.co.uk :(

What? You will still be able to do that. PAL stays PAL

No man, i wish that was true. There are almost 50 countries in the PAL territory, but Xbox Live will be available, at launch at least, in only like 19 of them or so, see the list in the OP for more specifics.

What this means is, if for example you live in one of the countries not mentioned here, and you buy the Xbox One, you can't play your console, as there is no Xbox Live in your country yet, for the verification that must be done at least once per 24 hours.

No I'm talking about buying games from Amazon UK. I live in Belgium, you in The Netherlands  both are supported PAL countries so games from amazon uk still work.

arcane_chaos said:

You could pre order, if the console hadn't launched in your country yet. Playing online wasn't possible, but you could play offline. This time around, offline isn't an option for more than 24 hours. Which means you'll just have to wait until the console is officially launched in your country.

Somini said:
arcane_chaos said:

You could pre order, if the console hadn't launched in your country yet. Playing online wasn't possible, but you could play offline. This time around, offline isn't an option for more than 24 hours. Which means you'll just have to wait until the console is officially launched in your country.

sorry I meant market availability wise, like how many countries did the 360 launch in

Somini said:
arcane_chaos said:

Offline is no option... you need to register the game the first time to play... after that checkin every 24 hours.