By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Pre-Order Product Information

Somini said:
superchunk said:
Man, look at those restrictions and DRM in all its glory.

It's really unsettling. It's not about buying or not buying the Xbox One anymore, but really restricting practices that i hope won't spread to other entertainment forms!

Exactly. Which is why I'm doing my best to make sure no-one I have any form of communication with buys a Xbone.

PS4 and/or WiiU only.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Xen said:

Funnily enough, no China, whose middle class consists of more people than the populations of Russia and Brazil combined... :P

I guess it's just not easy to tap into that market, with the Chinese govt. being somewhat restrictive and piracy being quite dominant over there.

I think Sony only get the licence to sell the PS3 there last year.

Rough. And seemingly not all that much of a sales booster.

Xen said:
ethomaz said:

Xen said:

Funnily enough, no China, whose middle class consists of more people than the populations of Russia and Brazil combined... :P

I guess it's just not easy to tap into that market, with the Chinese govt. being somewhat restrictive and piracy being quite dominant over there.

They haven't began selling it yet though! They only have the license so far lol

Somini said:
Xen said:
ethomaz said:

Xen said:

They haven't began selling it yet though! They only have the license so far lol

See ya in 2017 ? :P

Arcturus said:
What is the reasoning for limiting Xbox One Live support to only a few countries?

The same reason someone invented the term Digital Rights Management, money.

Around the Network
Somini

Oh and it seems due to the online DRM, the console is now "country locked" instead of region locked. Interesting development. If Movies do this in the future, i won't be able to buy stuff cheaper through the likes of Amazon.co.uk :(

What? You will still be able to do that. PAL stays PAL

Somini said:

Recommended Minimum Play Space:

Single player about 4 ft. 7 in. (1.4 m) from sensor. Two players about 6 ft. (1.8m) from sensor. Play space will vary by game, application, sensor placement, and other factors. 

it's kind of sad (for me) but even under the improved capabilities i can't support their recommendation for 2 players and just barely meet the single player requirements..

I'm getting it. Hopefully a day one

maximrace said:
Somini

Oh and it seems due to the online DRM, the console is now "country locked" instead of region locked. Interesting development. If Movies do this in the future, i won't be able to buy stuff cheaper through the likes of Amazon.co.uk :(

What? You will still be able to do that. PAL stays PAL

No man, i wish that was true. There are almost 50 countries in the PAL territory, but Xbox Live will be available, at launch at least, in only like 19 of them or so, see the list in the OP for more specifics.

What this means is, if for example you live in one of the countries not mentioned here, and you buy the Xbox One, you can't play your console, as there is no Xbox Live in your country yet, for the verification that must be done at least once per 24 hours.

Somini said:
We're lucky it's not too late, but if you live in a country that isn't one of the 21 countries where the Xbox One will first launch, you better wait with your purchase/preorder as the console won't work outside of those mentioned countries.

That is false.

Unless they deliberately block IP, which would be stupid.

Are you telling me they will block based on IP address!?