By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CAPCOM: "Dead Rising 3 couldn't have been achieved without Microsoft"

I though the first game had a pretty good story its probably the only game that critizes the United States insatitiable appetite for consumerism. 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Wright said:

You have Dead Rising 2 (canon) and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (non-canon). Both are the same game, and have almost the same storyline, but the Off the Record is a re-imagined version of the game with the main character being the guy from the first Dead Rising game.

Oh I see now.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18253/

Dayum sons, gotta wait for a 75% off sale for this then :(

Heh, that's a nice deal! =D

VGKing said:
So the game would have been scaled back on the PS4? The more powerful console? that' doesn't make much sense.

Is what they're trying to say is that Microsoft guided the development or something?

Read it again to understand.

badgenome said:
Chris Hu said:

I'm sure that MS also paid a good chunck for the development for the first game so its still the most profitable game in the series. 

That is a pretty baseless assumption.

And considering the amount of stuff they were able to spin off from DR2 (Case Zero, Case West, and Off the Record), I doubt it anyway.

Microsoft surely paid for Case Zero and Case West since they are only available on XBLA.  Also as much as they promoted the first one I'm sure MS helped them out in some way.

BasilZero said:
Wright said:
BasilZero said:

Oh I see now.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18253/

Dayum sons, gotta wait for a 75% off sale for this then :(

Heh, that's a nice deal! =D

psst..ppssst....you should get it too when it goes on sale.

We can do multiplayer n___n

Or you can purchase them for PC. When you get your 360, you buy the first one AND Case Zero and Case West (Exclusive DLC for DR2 on 360), and we play some Case West together

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
So the game would have been scaled back on the PS4? The more powerful console? that' doesn't make much sense.

Is what they're trying to say is that Microsoft guided the development or something?

"The way Nick reacts to explosions, his animations, the amount of guns in the game. I don't think we could have achieved this on our own."

You're right I read it wrong. It sounds like Capcom is admitting they don't know how to make a game?

walsufnir said:
Heavenly_King said:
walsufnir said:
Heavenly_King said:
NiKKoM said:
Well.. I was totally expecting first: Capcom: "Deep Down couldn't have been achieved without Sony" unless Deep Down is also for X1

I think Sony is helping them technically (and not with money) in achieving that kind of graphic fidelity; if Capcom manages somehow port the engine the the XBO, then yes it will be also available for it.

What? So Sony can help technically and MS can't? Really? You can't be serious.

Why you react like this? Really it is just annoying.   But okay; I will explain.

The PS4 is more powerful; so if Sony is helping them to use most of this power; to make the game look like that; the XBO will have a hard time; it is as simple as that.   The XBO that is not as powerful as the PS4; so even if M$ helps them they will have a harder job to make the game look like that.  Sure they can eventually achieve that; BUT not now; that is why Capcom is not negating that the game will appear on XBO; but cant confirm it will either; it just happens that the game cant run right now on XBO.

Clear now?

..... And your permanent money-argument against MS is what really annoys people, easy as this. Every company is spending money by now so hating this part only on MS is ... well, let's say "obvious". And especially nice you say Xbone can't run it while you never wrote code yourself, did you? Of course it can - perhaps not the same quality but it can. Btw, any links for proving your point except for opinion?

There are people that always want to get better at what they do; so in this case they, Ono san might try to achieve the best graphical fidelity the team can have, and the PS4 offers the best environment to do so; and that is why Sony could be helping them, to achieve the goals they want. 

I mentioned the money aspect; because Sony cant afford that; so obviously they need to help the publisher in other way; while M$ can actually support the publisher with money.  Wether or not M$ decides to do that depends on them.

If it was possible right now to port the engine even with the compromise you mention; Capcom would already confirm right away that the game is coming to XBO, dont you think?  But instead of that, they are just avoiding to give an answer.  They are obviously trying to make it work but, as I said before, right now they cant.

anybody care to explain why it is bad when MS funds a game development?
Sony pays Quantic Dream to stay exclusive, how is this different?

And please don't come up with:

- Sony quantic dream just have a good relationship; nonsense
- Sony invests in new IPs and MS don't; nonsense

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record is a pretty easy game there really is no need to buy the skill packs as a matter of fact I'm sure those would make the game less fun.

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:

"The way Nick reacts to explosions, his animations, the amount of guns in the game. I don't think we could have achieved this on our own."

You're right I read it wrong. It sounds like Capcom is admitting they don't know how to make a game?

No but of course who would know the Xbone better than MS? Remember, MS, the company that built the hardware and designed everything of it, and MS, the software company, which has very deep knowledge when it comes to computing and 3d-graphics, given they are the ones responsible for DirectX. So helping doesn't mean the others can't do it. Sony-devs were also travelling around the world to help devs get used to the cell.