By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CAPCOM: "Dead Rising 3 couldn't have been achieved without Microsoft"

Chris Hu said:

Also as much as they promoted the first one I'm sure MS helped them out in some way.

They might have helped with advertising or something, but there's no indication of MS paying for development. Capcom didn't even want to make it, so Inafune spent so much on making the prototype that it forced their hand.

Xbox 360 was the only console that could run the game at the time they were making it. There was no reason for it not to be exclusive.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Chris Hu said:

Also as much as they promoted the first one I'm sure MS helped them out in some way.

Capcom didn't even want to make it, so Inafune spent so much on making the prototype that it forced their hand.

My fucking hero.

Wright said:

My fucking hero.

Have you seen Yaiba? It sounded like a throwaway game that nobody asked for and I didn't expect anything out of it, but it looks SO COOL.

I'll never doubt Inafune again!

badgenome said:
Chris Hu said:

They might have helped with advertising or something, but there's no indication of MS paying for development. Capcom didn't even want to make it, so Inafune spent so much on making the prototype that it forced their hand.

Xbox 360 was the only console that could run the game at the time they were making it. There was no reason for it not to be exclusive.

Well they could have delayed it if they really wanted the first game to be multi platform stuff gets delayed all the time.

badgenome said:

I'll never doubt Inafune again!

I've seen it, yeah. And he's also responsible for Soul Sacrifice, so I don't see how could you doubt him!

Around the Network

The game looks meh and I love cell shaded games going back to Jet Set/Grind Radio on the Dreamcast.  Also Ninja Gaiden needs to go on a 5 to 10 year hiatus that franchise has been milked to death in the last ten years.

Chris Hu said:

The game looks meh and I love cell shaded games going back to Jet Set/Grind Radio on the Dreamcast.  Also Ninja Gaiden needs to go on a 5 to 10 year hiatus that franchise has been milked to death in the last ten years.

Good job on being wrong about everything in this thread so far!

badgenome said:
Chris Hu said:

Good job on being wrong about everything in this thread so far!

I think I made some valid points.  Also I have no problem with Dead Rising 3 being a X1 exclusive MS pulled a Bayonetta 2.  The franchise always got more support on MS consoles that is why Case West and Case Zero are only on XBLA and it got the only legit version of the first game.

Chris Hu said:

The franchise always got more support on MS consoles that is why Case West and Case Zero are only on XBLA

Um... that's very circular reasoning. It always got "more support on MS consoles" because there had only ever been one game before, and it was exclusive to the 360. And the first game was exclusive to the 360 because that was the only viable console at the time. The PS2 couldn't run it, and the PS3 wasn't out yet and was an architectural nightmare besides.

But DR2 went multiplatform because Capcom likes money, and Case Zero and Case West were only on 360 because they like Microsoft's money.

DR3 is exclusive because MS is paying for it to be. This is not a Bayonetta situation because Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist if not for Nintendo. It had already been canceled by Sega. The very first line of this article says that DR3 would exist with or without MS.

I highly doubt that look who is publishing the game.