By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3 on Wii U?

KHlover said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
Well, if the Xbox One flops, Square Enix will suddenly say that WiiU can handle the game

That's the great thing about this situation - since the game won't release for another 3 years or so they have plenty of time to react should the situation change :P

This.  I'm not losing faith on not seeing Kingdom Hearts 3 on WiiU.  As far as I know, Square Enix DID say they were developing it using Direct x11, but they didn't outright say NO to a WiiU port.  (Any article that says otherwise is just twisting around what they are saying.  Again.)  Rather, they just kinda dodged the question.  Or rather they gave a "I can't talk about it" at this time kind of response.  Which means that it (and to a lesser extent, Final Fantasy XV) still has a shot of hitting the WiiU, especially since, let's face it, Xbone is setting itself up to fail miserably) still has a shot of coming to WiiU.  Since it won't be around for years now, stating over whether it will come or not without any proper evidence to back it up (and so far we have no real evidence, just the "no comment" thing) is useless.

Around the Network
JTurner82 said:
KHlover said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
Well, if the Xbox One flops, Square Enix will suddenly say that WiiU can handle the game

That's the great thing about this situation - since the game won't release for another 3 years or so they have plenty of time to react should the situation change :P

This.  I'm not losing faith on not seeing Kingdom Hearts 3 on WiiU.  As far as I know, Square Enix DID say they were developing it using Direct x11, but they didn't outright say NO to a WiiU port.  (Any article that says otherwise is just twisting around what they are saying.  Again.)  Rather, they just kinda dodged the question.  Or rather they gave a "I can't talk about it" at this time kind of response.  Which means that it (and to a lesser extent, Final Fantasy XV) still has a shot of hitting the WiiU, especially since, let's face it, Xbone is setting itself up to fail miserably) still has a shot of coming to WiiU.  Since it won't be around for years now, stating over whether it will come or not without any proper evidence to back it up (and so far we have no real evidence, just the "no comment" thing) is useless.

And if they're using ps4 hardware as a basis the porting to wii u would only start when the game was almost complete anyway, like the games made for the 360 and ported to ps3 this gen.