By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3 on Wii U?

Nintendo could have gotten Square Enix on board and a whole lot of other 3rd parties I believe. They just had to make the system only slightly more powerful and ensure certain future proof features. I understand they don't believe in the graphics race, that's fine, but no reason to take that to the extreme .Graphics do matter when 3rd parties have engines that require certain specs. It's okay to be below everyone else and save a buck but no reason to be super drastically bellow to the point where you miss out on huge titles like Kingdom Hearts, MGSV and FFXV! GAAAH I really thought when Nintendo said they'd be getting 3rd parties on board last year they meant. I know, I'm dumb :'(

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts III won't come to Wii U. I know how much it would make sense but "it isn't powerful enough" to rn the game. After seeing Mario Kart U and X, I beg to differ but it won't happen. Wii U wasn't even mentioned with Square Enix. I hope that Dragon Quest XI comes to Wii U or 3DS though. A Super Mario RPG remake would be awesome though. But, in retrospect, KH3 ain't comin to U.(I just love using Wii U puns)

Ljink96 said:
Kingdom Hearts III won't come to Wii U. I know how much it would make sense but "it isn't powerful enough" to rn the game. After seeing Mario Kart U and X, I beg to differ but it won't happen. Wii U wasn't even mentioned with Square Enix. I hope that Dragon Quest XI comes to Wii U or 3DS though. A Super Mario RPG remake would be awesome though. But, in retrospect, KH3 ain't comin to U.(I just love using Wii U puns)

A good question to ask is where would dragonquest going if not to Nintendo?  They probably don't want to make that huge of a game on next gen (time and resources) or console for that matter.  It's definitely not going to the Vita (sorry Vita owners) and makes more sense to make it a 3DS title considering thats where the primary market is Japan.  

chriscox1121 said:
Ljink96 said:

A good question to ask is where would dragonquest going if not to Nintendo?  They probably don't want to make that huge of a game on next gen (time and resources) or console for that matter.  It's definitely not going to the Vita (sorry Vita owners) and makes more sense to make it a 3DS title considering thats where the primary market is Japan.  

Yeah, after the failure that was DQ X, Square Enix should be smart enough to go back to winning formula they seemed to stumble upon with IX or something similar to the original classic games in the series. Heck DQ X was more or less probably done because they said they would do it on the Wii and Square Enix wanted subscription money after FF XIV failed, so they thought they'd scam a few Wii/Wii U owners and Dragon Quest die hards.

I honestly thought that at first, since Kingdom Hearts 3 is looking pretty rough around the edges. But It was announced for Xbox One as well so I have no idea why they'd hide a Wii U version.

Around the Network
chriscox1121 said:
Ljink96 said:

That does make a lot of sense. It'll be on 3DS along with DQM 1+2, and Dragon Quest VII. The 3DS is on fire right now and it would only make sense to do DQXI on 3DS and XII on Wii U. Or even a DQ3 HD remake on Wii U. I hope that Mr. Horii goes back to the old Dragon Quest style with the next one.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (or FFXV for that matter) won't come to the Wii U, but it's not because the Wii U's power or lack of hardware features...

I wish Nintendo would one day just get up and fight for 3rd parties and multiplats. I know the console as is isn't powerful enough for a lot of the next gen titles but if Nintendo wanted I believe they could get the Wii U to be a tough system. If Nintendo could get the ambition they could make Wii U an attractive console for 3rd parties. Just allow 1.7GB of RAM instead of just 1 for games. That plus the 32MB eDRAM would actually make a drastic difference and have the games looking very good, it would also really close the gap with the xbox one quite a lot. I also think they should overclock the CPU/GPU even if just by a little. If they can make developing for the Wii U as easy as possible and money hat some of these 3rd parties and advertise their games they'd easily become very competative for their attention, I actually believe the Wii U is powerful enough as a whole to be that system.

But the problem is Nintendo needs to be ambitious of this goal and needs to actually tweak the Wii U for as much power as it could squeez out. This is no time for 1GB RAM for the operating system!

nintendo have a good relationship with disney
wii U have enough power to run KH3(need only more work)
nintendo fans like KH(at least more than xbox fans)

if wii U start to sell well, they will consider bring it. maybe it can worth.

ryuzaki57 said:
Seeing how enthusiastic they are about localizing DQX, I don't think they'd go trough a port like that. What we saw at E3 definitely can't run on WiiU and we don't even know if the luminous engine is scalable.

everything at E3 can run on wii u and all next gen engines are scalable as hell, square even confirmed luminous can sacale down to tablets.