By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing boosts US 3DS sales by 4x - new digital sales record in eShop

Tagged games:

Out of all the game series out there, I can imagine Animal Crossing being pretty high up the list of games you'd want to have on your console at all times, because you never can tell when you'll get the itch to play it for a few minutes.

Although I prefer boxed copies myself, I can definitely understand why people would buy this title digitally.

Around the Network

Wow i thought it would get a boost but not by that much. Just imagine what boost it will get when pokemon is released. So if my maths is correct that should put the us figures next week at around 150-160k, plus europe will get a boost, plus japan has donkey kong out, so we could be looking at a 300k week for the 3ds week ending 15th june.

NA is not USA only right?

What about Canada and Mexico?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

The week is only half done! and 4x sales boost? WOW. That means 3DS sold about 160k in USA, which means that WW sales are around 250 (ignoring whatever boost we see in EU).

I hope 3DS goes over 300k this week, would be a real gain YoY.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

The week is only half done! and 4x sales boost? WOW. That means 3DS sold about 160k in USA, which means that WW sales are around 250 (ignoring whatever boost we see in EU).

i was just about to say this lol. yea the numbers only include sunday through tuesday since we still got today through friday!!!!!!! So maybe 180k? Also wen is it released in Europe ? If its june 14th then its friday so we'll see a mega boost for week ending the 14th

Around the Network

He is most likely talking about software sales lol 160k of 3DS in 1 week is too crazy.... Right?

Vinniegambini said:

He is most likely talking about software sales lol 160k of 3DS in 1 week is too crazy.... Right?

That's what I was thinking. But I hope we are both wrong on that one.

Yeah, everybody was talking about it, even on non-gaming sites and social sites.

tbone51 said:
Michael-5 said:

i was just about to say this lol. yea the numbers only include sunday through tuesday since we still got today through friday!!!!!!! So maybe 180k? Also wen is it released in Europe ? If its june 14th then its friday so we'll see a mega boost for week ending the 14th

Yup! I don't think the 3DS sold above 200k ever outside the holiday window, so this game will really push consoles.....

I think, Wii U needs an Animal Crossing game....LOL

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Which reminds me...

I need to download this game. Preferably now.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero