By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Still excited for Knack after watching this Gameplay demo? I'm not.

I am buying it. I really think the concept looks really cool, and that before judging it we require a more "final" demonstration.

I am buying at launch so far:

KZ:Shadow Fall

Knack

Watch dogs

Around the Network

I don't know what you guys are on about. The games looks great to me. This is probably gonna be my first ps4 game.

It looks terrible. If it wasn't first-party, it wouldn't have even been noticed.

the enemies looked so devoid of ai, just stand in one shot and shoot semi in your direction seems to be all they do

Somini said:
Why would you think that this looks like shit? It's an E3 demo, not a finished product. Wait for the demo to decide if it's shitty or not, that's why we have them ;)

you know what?  Trailers for example  showcase the best parts of a movie and then there is a big chance the movie itself is boring except for the funny parts you watched in the trailer.

This is supposed to make people excited yet Sony decided to show a part that looks like "shit". So how bad must the real game be?  Sony is not known for being  honest at all. So they most def. picked one of the best parts of the whole game to showcase(that does not spoiler something)  everything else would not be Sony.

You know like Alien Cononial Marines  where the demo was great and the game was shit.  Sony showing a "bad" game should almost guarantee that the final game will be of same or worse quality.  The final game having better gameplay is highly unlikely.

Like the first videos trailers etc of Knack made the game look better than it actually seems to be in the new gameplay.  The graphics are nice but lets wait for reviews. Lets not jump on the typical Sony hype train again.

Around the Network
teigaga said:

I was really looking forward to this game, Having a classic 3D platformer at launch is great and Sony Japan studios are a very creative bunch. But the more I see of this game , the more it looks like zero thought has gone into it. Like its really just a tech demo designed by Marc Cernyto show off a character made of x amount of components. Even then it isn't that impressive, defeated enemies and enviromental destruction pop out of existsence after a second or 2. Aesthetically the game is ok, clean and cutish but also rather generic. Most importantly though the gameplay unbearably shallow and tad clunky. It doesn't look like something anyone over the age of 10 will enjoy.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xco1go/knack-e3-2013--walkthrough-part-1--cam-

Am I being too harsh or do you guys see it as well?

Sometimes it's okay to make stuff for the young'uns

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ultr said:
huh? everything looks fine :D wth

Like a great platformer, what do you expect¿ :D

Really, what element of the gameplay looks fun to you? The exploration?  The  platforming? the combat? the puzzles?

Ajescent said:
teigaga said:

It doesn't look like something anyone over the age of 10 will enjoy.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xco1go/knack-e3-2013--walkthrough-part-1--cam-

That is true, but I don't think 1st party resources should be spent on making bad games that will only appeal to kids with no standards. leave that to Skylanders or  other shovelware. Make a first party game that appeals to kids sure, but make it a great game aswell. Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, Mario Galaxy, Luigi's Mansion 2....

teigaga said:
Ajescent said:
teigaga said:

It doesn't look like something anyone over the age of 10 will enjoy.

That is true, but I don't think 1st party resources should be spent on making bad games that will only appeal to kids with no standards. leave that to Skylanders or  other shovelware. Make a first party game that appeals to kids sure, but make it a great game aswell. Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, Mario Galaxy, Luigi's Mansion 2....

Yup. Just look at Ratchet&Clank in its prime. THIS is how it's done, Knack can't hold a candle to the R&C series.

Well I don't know. The city level looked very empty but it had it's moments even if only a few of them, and the mechanics looked like they were not finished yet, not very smooth and fluid. Overall I still think it has a bit of a Crash vibe to it, I'll just probably get it for 30$ instead of 40$. And of course I'll wait for reviews.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!