By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Still excited for Knack after watching this Gameplay demo? I'm not.

I was really looking forward to this game, Having a classic 3D platformer at launch is great and Sony Japan studios are a very creative bunch. But the more I see of this game , the more it looks like zero thought has gone into it. Like its really just a tech demo designed by Marc Cernyto show off a character made of x amount of components. Even then it isn't that impressive, defeated enemies and enviromental destruction pop out of existsence after a second or 2. Aesthetically the game is ok, clean and cutish but also rather generic. Most importantly though the gameplay unbearably shallow and tad clunky. It doesn't look like something anyone over the age of 10 will enjoy.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xco1go/knack-e3-2013--walkthrough-part-1--cam-

Am I being too harsh or do you guys see it as well?

Around the Network

It looks poo lol.

After seeing the gameplay (of this one level) I agree that it looks somewhat bland and bare-bones. It seems like you're just running through an empty city... there aren't even that many enemies to fight.
I could also tell that Knack himself seems to run kind of awkwardly. Not very fluid, in my opinion.

However, I still think that this game is really interesting, one of the games I actually remembered from the PS4 Reveal. Maybe they could work some kinks out in the final stages of development? (If that hasn't already passed, which it probably has.)

i don't won't to be a negative nelly. I have to agree. The gameplay appears to be extremely shallow. The graphics are good though

this is for kids... nothing wrong to me when its a gaming console for all age

Around the Network

wow it looked like shit

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

yeah does look kinda crap

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

Yeah...this was going to be my real seller for the PS4, not sure now sadly.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

NintendoPie said:
After seeing the gameplay (of this one level) I agree that it looks somewhat bland and bare-bones. It seems like you're just running through an empty city... there aren't even that many enemies to fight.
I could also tell that Knack himself seems to run kind of awkwardly. Not very fluid, in my opinion.

However, I still think that this game is really interesting, one of the games I actually remembered from the PS4 Reveal. Maybe they could work some kinks out in the final stages of development? (If that hasn't already passed, which it probably has.)

You have a long way to go in the stealth buisiness pal.

OP

I like Pixar-looking things. ALso the concept of being a tiny 'thing' in a huge city and then becoming a huge 'thing' towering that very same city is exciting.

It pretty much has the same concept of mutant blob from Mars (or whatever that game was called).

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I don't think we'll ever get another good 3D platformer outside of Sonic and Mario.

The genre's pretty much dead now.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)