By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Wii U Fall Line-Up: will it be enough?

Will the fall line-up get Wii U's momentum going again?

It's not as good as I th... 92 41.26%

It's good enough, so yes. 131 58.74%

Total:223

So it appears that Nintendo's Fall/Holiday line-up looks like this (USA):

Wonderful 101 - September 13th

Wind Waker HD - October

Wii Party U - October

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - November

Super Mario 3D World - December

Wii Fit U - December

And from third parties:

Just Dance 2014 - October, Sonic: Lost World, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV, Batman: Arkham Origins, Disney Infinity, Scribblenauts: Unmasked, Skylanders Swap Force, Deux Ex: Human Revolution, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Rayman Legends, and I thought there was another Mario & Sonic Olympics game on the way as well?

Plus there are likely some games that I'm forgetting. Anyway, will that be enough to re-ignite interest in Wii U? Personally, I was a little disappointed by Nintendo's E3 Direct (no major surprises, really), but I think it's good that they're not pushing all the games they showed in April out this year. 2014 is looking as solid as the end of 2013 with Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi (?), X, the third exclusive Sonic game, perhaps, among others.

Edit: COD:Ghosts as well.

What do you think of the upcoming year/year-and-a-half for Wii U?

Bah!

Around the Network

Please feel free to add games that I forgot and I can edit the post...

Bah!

It won't be enough unless they do a price cut. But with a price cut I think the Wii U will be fine.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Don't forget Pikmin 3 in August, It'll help sales.

I think Nintendo is launching enough to re-attract Wii owners, but not newcomers. Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Super Mario 3D, and Donkey Kong are all great, but we saw it all on Wii. Still they are high volume games, and they will push consoles.

However if Nintendo was able to get Mario Kart 8 out, it would have been a done deal. Wii U will sell well with what's announced this fall, but next year it will explode with X, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros..

Wii U will be fine, it should pass Vita this fall, and get a decent lead on PS4/XB1.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Wii U will be just fine, nintendo has a strong first party game every month until new year and there's still TLOZ a link between worlds, Pokemon X/Y, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Mario Golf, Plus Monster Hunter 4 for japan (and maybe even the west) they'll make lots of money, save the price cut for just before the new consoles hit and they are set for a great 2014 start with Mario Kart 8, Mario World, Bayonetta 2 and X coming, despite what many think they are actually in a very good position right now they just have to be smart and make the most of it.

Around the Network

Honestly, In think 3DS will be eating up most of the "Nintendo fanbase" s $$.

And they'll be left with not enough $$ to buy WiiU.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I'm positive there are certain games that Nintendo have not shared to the public that will be releasing this holiday season. Nintendo is a very secretive company. I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo announced other first party titles in the next few months via a direct.

Busted said:
Wii U will be just fine, nintendo has a strong first party game every month until new year and there's still TLOZ a link between worlds, Pokemon X/Y, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Mario Golf, Plus Monster Hunter 4 for japan (and maybe even the west) they'll make lots of money, save the price cut for just before the new consoles hit and they are set for a great 2014 start with Mario Kart 8, Mario World, Bayonetta 2 and X coming, despite what many think they are actually in a very good position right now they just have to be smart and make the most of it.

I think given the PS4 $399 price point, a price cut is inevitable before they launch. I suspect it'll happen either mid-September, when Wonderful 101 launches, or in October when WWHD launches. There's no doubt in my mind that Wii U will be $299 by the time XBone and PS4 hit.

Also, I was just trying to list the Wii U releases, since that's the system Nintendo so desperately needs to creat some traction for. However, I appreciate you listing the 3DS games. A good question is: how much will the 3DS games affect Wii U this holiday? Or is there enough $ for both to be successful? (I suspect there's enough $ to go around for the two platforms, really...)

Bah!

Needs a price cut and more 1st party titles.

What they've got lined up is all well and good, but they need more IMO, particularly with two new next-gen competitors. And even after Smash and Mario Kart 8 are released, they're going to need a price cut.