By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have never seen Nintendo so out of touch.

Hynad said:
BossPuma said:
Hynad said:
BossPuma said:
Hynad said:

X. Yes, X. The only game from that Direct that actually deserves praise. It looks stunning, fun and extremely promising. Sadly though, it caters to a niche and won't help sell the console all that much.

You cant say that X is niche. I showed the trailer to my brother who is a complete casual gamer, and he said it looked really awesome. And you never know how much a game will sell. You really seem like a cup half empty, kind of guy.

If you're trying to tell me that JRPGs aren't a nich kind of game type, you're definitely not aware of the state of the industry.

Niche to what demographic? Do you think the US is the only country in the world?

Do you think that calling a game "niche" is an insult or something? -__-

Look at Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tales of games, Lost Odyssey, Valkyria Chronicles, Nier, Shin Migami Tensei... etc.

You said X is niche but you never said what demographic.  Last time i checked, Final Fantasy sells really well in America and Europe, as well as Dark Souls. All it takes is good advertising, which Xenoblade, The Last Story, Shin Migami Tensei etc never had.

Around the Network

I disagree, Nintendo delivered everything I wanted, plus everything looks really good. Nintendo is playing it safe ATM, but I think they just want to bring back as many Wii fans as possible first before they start introducing new games. All the heavy hittters are coming, Mario Kart, Smash, Super Mario 3D, Wii Fit, Wii Party, etc. What else would you want from Nintendo?

These games are what sell, and they need to boost Wii U sales ATM.

Plus Donkey Kong and X for the "hardcore." I'm happy. Only drawback is that Nintendo did announce most of these games months ago, and half of them were delayed.

If anyone is out of touch, it's MS, people were very open about concerns with the One, especially used games and Kinect always on, and MS slapped us in the face and ignored its fans.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

i seem to be on a different wavelength mentally with alot of people on the thread. this nd got me pretty pumped for the wii-u. What really got me (positively) was that we saw mario 3d and mariokart 8 for the first time ever and we can buy them in 6 months! Has that ever happened at a nintendo e3? usually it's "look at this game, you can buy it in a year & a half". 3d mario and kart this year plus the games that we have seen already makes this a pretty good e3 for me.

BossPuma said:
Hynad said:
BossPuma said:

Niche to what demographic? Do you think the US is the only country in the world?

Look at Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tales of games, Lost Odyssey, Valkyria Chronicles, Nier, Shin Migami Tensei... etc.

You said X is niche but you never said what demographic.  Last time i checked, Final Fantasy sells really well in America and Europe, as well as Dark Souls. All it takes is good advertising, which Xenoblade, The Last Story, Shin Migami Tensei etc never had.

I did mention that Final Fantasy and Dragon quest (to some extent) were the exceptions. ^_-

Those excuses you brought don't change the facts. JRPG is a niche type of games. Naming the few exceptions that actually sold a little better don't change that fact. 

That's because 3D Land looks so bland compared to Galaxy and Retro is working on DK... (I'll never recover from this Retro, never).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Hynad said:
BossPuma said:
Hynad said:
BossPuma said:

I did mention that Final Fantasy and Dragon quest (to some extent) were the exceptions. ^_-

Those excuses you brought don't change the facts. JRPG is a niche type of games. Naming the few exceptions that actually sold a little better don't change that fact. 

You said it wouldnt sell well because it a JRPG and thats false.

BossPuma said:
Hynad said:
BossPuma said:

You said it wouldnt sell well because it a JRPG and thats false.

How is it false? Is the game released? 

I am supporting my claims based on history. JRPG is a niche game type. You agreeing or not doesn't change that.

Also, trim those quote trees before hitting the submit button.

Hynad said:

I am supporting my claims based on history. JRPG is a niche game type. You agreeing or not doesn't change that.

Monster hunter is also a niche series and it sells really well. Your reasoning is false.

BossPuma said:

Hynad said:

Monster hunter is also a niche series and it sells really well. Your reasoning is false.

Monster Hunter is an Action Adventure open world game. 

And you don't seem to know what niche means. ¬_¬

Hynad said:
BossPuma said:

Hynad said:

Monster Hunter is an Action Adventure open world game. 

And you don't seem to know what niche means. ¬_¬

Monster Hunter is defenitely niche. Doesnt change the fact that it sells really well. It is an RPG because you can grow your character through equipment and items....