By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have never seen Nintendo so out of touch.

BossPuma said:
Hynad said:
BossPuma said:
Monster hunter is also a niche series and it sells really well. Your reasoning is false.

Monster Hunter is an Action Adventure open world game. 

And you don't seem to know what niche means. ¬_¬

Monster Hunter is defenitely niche. Doesnt change the fact that it sells really well. It is an RPG because you can grow your character through equipment and items....

So? Doesn't change the facts. Xenoblade, same series as X, the Last Story, Tales of Graces, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, etc... How did they perform?

You can bring the exceptions all you want. The fact remains. JRPG is a game type that appeals to a niche market. It's made especially obvious on Nintendo's last consoles. The Wii has a user base of nearly 100M, yet those games barely managed to sell a milion units. In fact, most of them didn't even reach that mark worldwide. If you don't consider that being niche, you need to revise your definitinon of the word.

Around the Network

I agree. I love Nintendo to death and just wish they would work harder to make their platform as attractive and easy to develop for as possible to 3rd parties. I still believe the console as a whole could do this and it isn't to late, but Nintendo would have to actually become more aggressive and motivated to fight for the 3rd party titles as Microsoft and Sony do. Nintendo needs to fight for 3rd parties and not just expect them to come when sales get better.

I think if they do a few things they could possibly get the system off the ground and get some titles for the console. As a huge Nintendo fan I've always wanted a console that I could enjoy the big Nintendo titles and not have to buy another consoel or a PC to enjoy 3rd party titles.

I think the Wii U has the potential to still be competitive for 3rd party support if Nintendo cares to make it attractive to 3rd parties.

Allowing more RAM: If Nintendo was to get the usable RAM for games up to 1.7 it could really make a difference for games and 3rd parties. Then you'd have 1.7gb plus the 32mb eDRAM. (also it would make for prettier games for us gamers :))

Overclocking the GPU/CPU: Even if they overclock it just a little it would still make a difference for the overall power of the console. (again prettier games :))

If only though. I was thinking about starting something where I and anyone else who's interested could send these ideas out to Nintendo and see if they would care to take our request into consideration. I think we Nintendo fans need to stop being complacent and ask for a little more of a system. 3DS excluded thats's amazing, but the home console field is a different place, Sony seems to have really done a good job at working towards having an attractive console to 3rd parties.

Isn't Pokemon, one of the biggest brands in the business is a JRPG and sells in the range of millions.
I don't think being niche is an insult, but saying JRPG that aren't called FF or DQ will sell awful is a lie.

Tales of Symphonia also sold quite different than awful (at the bare minimun much more than a million)

I could resume as I don't think the genre is niche, but it's true it has a lot less appeal for a US gamer than a FPS or an action adventure game.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

BossPuma said:
Hynad said:
BossPuma said:
Hynad said:
BossPuma said:

Niche to what demographic? Do you think the US is the only country in the world?

Do you think that calling a game "niche" is an insult or something? -__-

Look at Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tales of games, Lost Odyssey, Valkyria Chronicles, Nier, Shin Migami Tensei... etc.

You said X is niche but you never said what demographic.  Last time i checked, Final Fantasy sells really well in America and Europe, as well as Dark Souls. All it takes is good advertising, which Xenoblade, The Last Story, Shin Migami Tensei etc never had.

I did mention that Final Fantasy and Dragon quest (to some extent) were the exceptions. ^_-

Those excuses you brought don't change the facts. JRPG is a niche type of games. Naming the few exceptions that actually sold a little better don't change that fact. 

You said it wouldnt sell well because it a JRPG and thats false.

This is an odd statement. JRPGs generally do not sell well. This is a fact. There are two or three series that very popular and reach 2-3 million without trouble, nearly all don't come close. Like don't even get 1/5 of that close.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.